November 2012 Moms
Options

XP-At what point do you worry about slow movement? **Updated**

Update: I called my OB because LO was not moving after drinking some apple juice and laying on my side. She wanted me to go to the Woman's Eval Unit to get checked out. At first, they had some issues finding the hb with the monitors, so I was panicking a little bit. After a little bit of moving and positioning, they found LO on the monitors. That pissed him/her off majorly and he/she started kicking the monitor trying to get it off. We got to listen to LO's hb for about 30 minutes and then they came in to do an u/s to check fluid levels to make sure that LO had enough fluid in there. They said everything looked great and the hb was consistent to that of a 28 weeker, so my 24 weeker is a fighter. They also said that it's still a little early to do kick counts, but not to hesitate coming back in if I'm worried again and don't feel LO after trying everything I did tonight.

I posted this on PgAL also, but thought I'd post this question for you ladies as well. 

I don't want to freak out. I know that I'm still a little early to feel consistent movement. That being said, LO is usually pretty active once I sit down on the couch and relax. I even drank some juice because I realized that I hadn't felt him/her move much today. (I was pretty busy today, so I didn't concentrate much on movement) Is 24 weeks too early to start kick counts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~

Re: XP-At what point do you worry about slow movement? **Updated**

• Options

From what I read consistent movement doesn't start until 28-30 weeks. But I was in your situation a few days ago. LO hadn't done much in 2-3 days. I was trying to stay calm, and it helped reading one of my pregnancy books that said many babies are most active at night when we're sleeping. Anyway, long story short, my LO has been active all day. I guess just some days they have 'off' days where they don't move as much, or they're in a different position that's hard to feel. Hopefully you get some relief and your LO represents himself/herself soon. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Twenty-eight weeks is what I was told, too. This baby is on the move, all the time, and just when I think she's settling into a schedule, she stops for a while and picks up right about the time I start to worry.

From everything I've read, this is totally normal for the next month. 

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt the same way about a week ago except I was out of state (I'm 25 weeks now). I think its because you get used to feeling movement pretty consistantly and then all of a sudden your like "wait when was the last time I felt her move?" I layed down to watch tv and was pretty mindfull for an hour or two before i felt some movement. My OB said if I have any doubts just call and they will have me come in for a heart beat check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"