December 2011 Moms

NBR: Mary Kay

Has anyone here been or is anyone currently an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay?  My friend joined about a month ago and I'm considering signing up under her.  If you've been a part of it or you are currently a part of MK, what are your thoughts? experiences??
GO HOKIES!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Mary Kay

• janamgjanamg member

I thought about doing this as well my mother has a friend that has done it for 30 years and has gotten trips and cars and you name i. I talked to her about it and she told me that it is still a job, you definatly have to work at it to build your business. I unfortunatly didn't sign just because I knew working full time and taking care of my family I wouldn't have the time to put into it.

I don't mean to be discoraging but just don't want you to be out the money. Good luck if you do decide.

• A couple friends sell it and are trying to convince me to sign up and sell. Very tempting because people could always use fresh and new makeup at a decent price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I currently sell Mary Kay. It's definitely a business that goes with the philosophy of 'you get out what you put in'. I signed just over a year ago, and initially had a ton of parties and made great money, but after baby arrived, I got so wrapped up in him that I haven't done much good lately. I'm starting to pick up some now, but still not making much. The problem I've had is that ppl wear very little make up through the summer. Your big profits come from skin care, but its hard to get ppl hooked on that. Ppl don't understand the importance of it, and just want the glamour look, even after I've explained why having a good skin care routine is vital to great skin and your make up look. Most simply don't want to put out the cash for the products when they *think* they can get the same results with neutrogena, etc. But I love it, just bc I love trying all the products and doing parties when I get them booked. I'm currently also selling another line of products that I've sold like crazy and am making good money at on it, so my primary focus has shifted to that business. Still, I love my Mary Kay :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was a consultant before my mom passed away, but I quit when I went back to school.  (I was spending 70 hrs+ a week at school in an accelerated program).  I really miss the skin care though.  I am trying to talk to my aunts and get them to go in with me just to purchase for personal use.  Then maybe i will consider selling again.  I didn't like the pressure to "cold chatter" but I liked doing parties and looking nice! 

Angel Baby -EDD 6/10/11 m/c at 9w2d on 11/7/10 Our Early Christmas Gift - A Beautiful Baby Girl Born December 18, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"