Toddlers: 24 Months+

3 year old and 1 year old combined birthday party

Our dd turns 3 next month and our ds turns 1.  We would like to do a combined birthday party for them, their birthdays are 8 days apart.  This will be our first birthday party for dd with friends, each year prior we have just done family parties.  We are looking for ideas on what to do for the party because our house/backyard is not large enough to have the party at.

Any suggestions for things to do at the party, places to have it, etc. are appreciated.

TIA!

Re: 3 year old and 1 year old combined birthday party

• Ha!  We're in the same situation.  DD and DS birthdays are exactly 2 weeks apart.  She's turning 3 and he's turning 1.  This year I've decided to keep them separate but after that we'll do joint.  If I were to do combined this year I might do a Dora & Diego party.  Other ideas are Knights & Princesses, Mickey & Minnie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just did this!  We had a luau theme at a local park.  It was awesome!  I do suggest writing "no gifts" on your invitation though!  I meant to do that but it slipped my mind when I was creating the invites.  We ended up filling the ENTIRE back end of my SUV with gifts.  It was insane and we totally don't have room for them all - plus our kids have too much to begin with!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would try and keep it simple, like a park or party place that does most of the work for you. 
  • I'll be doing combo parties in the future.  This yr we focused on the 3 yo and chose a venue w/ an activity for her age. It sounds like you would need a park or a venue.  I would ask on your local board for specific suggestions. In my area we have Indoor Safari Park which would be ideal for both ages. Select bounce house venues have small inflatables w/ balls for 1 yo to play with. If it's not too late in the month you can do a swim party.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"