Minnesota Babies
Options

How much to pay 14-16 year old babysitter?

We moved here a few months ago and have yet to have a date night. We used family back in Utah so this is the first time paying sitters. Wondering what the going rate is. We found some greAt girls at our church that are in the 14-16 year old range. Do you pay per kid? And what rate? Thanks

Re: How much to pay 14-16 year old babysitter?

• Options

I live in Hastings and our neighbor girls are 15 and 17. I asked them what they got paid in the past and on average is was $5/hr. I usually round up and add extra if they have to feed DD and/or put her to bed.

I'm due next week with #2. Until LO is at least a year we will ask both of them to come over and pay $10/hr.  After that it will depend on my kids and if the younger one feels comfortable on her own. 

imageimage
  • Options
    We pay $7 for one kid, $10 for two kids.  I think that we somewhat overpay our sitter, but it is worth it because she always makes herself available.

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say at least 8 an hr for the 14 yr old and 10 for the 16 yr old..Im 26 and I babysit/ nanny on the weekrnds I make 20 an hr for one child. I aslo have 12-14 yr wotking with children so I charge more. my day job is a preschool teacher. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"