Cloth Diapering

Cloth wipes

Almost out of sposie wipes and I was going to buy some cloth. Which are your favorites? Also if you make your own, what type of fabric works best? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cloth wipes

• I use cheap baby washcloths. I have a few official cloth wipes that came with my wipes warmer, but those are shredding like crazy! The baby washcloths work just fine. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My aunt made me a bunch out of flannel. She made them 8x8 (doubled up) and used her serger to sew the two sides together and to keep them from fraying. They are great and we use them for everything. They also fit well in our wipe warmer when folded in half. The flannel that I purchased was 1/2 off at Joann Fabrics so they were super cheap to make.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • old receiving blankets...I actually like the single layer ones better than double...most are sewed around the edges, but I got lazy.  I also use baby facecloths from the shower...no need to spend money on fancy wipes!

• MegZRNMegZRN member

imagetjkdlhb:
    old receiving blankets...I actually like the single layer ones better than double...most are sewed around the edges, but I got lazy.  I also use baby facecloths from the shower...no need to spend money on fancy wipes!

Im actually really mad that I gave away all of her receiving blankets!

• We use baby washcloths, DD got about 50 at my baby shower (strange) they work perfect. DH loves cloth wipes, he comments all the time how much nicer they clean DD (he is always worried about if he got her clean enough) then the sposies.

I am ALMOST thinking about using them for when we are out and about. I figured, I put her sposie wipes in her wetbag til we get home, why not just use the cloth ones, Haven't made that leap yet tho. Any tips ladies on what you do for your cloth wipes when out of the house?

• Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetBobbins, love love love them. I keep buying more. They're my husband's favorite baby purchase.
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • I use them when we travel or when we're out of the house, if it's in the car I just wet them with a water bottle then put them in her wet bag. If there's no convenient water source I use disposable ones.
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • imagelittlegreenbirdy:

Any tips ladies on what you do for your cloth wipes when out of the house?

I throw however much I think I will need in a small planetwise wetbag. Before I got the wetbags, I would just put them in a clear plastic freezer bag. It worked just fine. 

I should add that I keep wet cloth wipes in a wipes warmer, so when I leave the house they are all ready wet. I think this is easier than having to wet the wipe each time I change a diaper.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"