December 2012 Moms
Options

Oh man, I don't get to join in..

Baby was uncooperative as anything this morning. We didn't even get a good look at the baby & all it's insides, let alone see who we're getting. So, I have to go back at 28 wks (not sure why the wait - I got the Doc that my nurse friends were hoping I didn't get ). Hopefully then, we can make sure ALL parts are present and accounted for, and maybe see a few more. sigh. So much for getting all the baby stuff sorted out before school starts.
8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Oh man, I don't get to join in..

• Options

This happened to me, yesterday.

However I thankfully have an apt. on Monday, so they are having me come in earlier same day to finish the a/s.

We did get a "The cord is between the legs, but it looks like it might be a girl."

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    can y'all  do an elective scan to find out the sex if you don't want to wait several more weeks?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would probably call and double check on the timing, another 8 weeks for the a/s is a bit odd to me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mlangsmlangs member
    I would call too... esp if it was the sucky doc that scheduled that... I would try to get that bumped up.
  • Options

Oh no! Daingit! 

My little bugger didn't cooperate either and I couldn't wait another month, but my friend recommended BeforeTheStork.com, which is a non-diagnostic company that does sonograms so you can find out the gender, and they even do 3d, and heartbeat monitoring. It was about $70. I'm sure there are places like this in most medium-to-big cities if you don't mind paying? 

• Options
    Ugh.. waiting until 28 weeks would be pretty rough. Sorry :(
  • Options
    surely you can get in earlier than that... thats a long time to wait.
  • Options
    Not trying to worry you, but... my office (I have a mw) said that when they couldn't get a picture of the hands outstretched (one was under the chin and one was cupped), they wanted to bring me back in two weeks, or the 20 week mark. The tech specifically was unwilling to schedule it at 21 weeks when my husband would be home. I would check it out further... switch docs within the practice, maybe.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree that it sounds like too long of a wait. I am sure your LO is perfectly fine but if there were issues, I would think they would want to know sooner than that.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I have to go for 2nd level scans of baby for all a/s and u/s appts (DH and I were trying to conceive for 6 months without any success; I began a weight loss regime and began taking different vitamins/supplements; NOT WEIGHT LOSS PILLS, so now they send me for advanced fetal care monitoring since I was taking these pills when I found out at 12 weeks I was pregnant eek), they were unable to get all the pics they wanted and they re-scheduled me for another 4 weeks. Luckily for DH and I we were able to find out we are expecting a lil' princess and she is perfectly healthy, but 8 weeks sounds a lil' extreme. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"