3rd Trimester

Nesting?

My family thinks I'm nesting because I've done several loads of baby laundry and been working on the nursery. I don't see how it's a bad thing to get organized, we are so late on getting the nursery finished. My husband just stood there in the nursery, watching me and telling me that he was going to call the midwives if I don't calm down. If he just helped, it would be done faster and I wouldn't have to do all the work! Anybody else nesting and getting annoyed with DH for pointing it out and making a huge deal about it?
Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nesting?

• Nesting isn't a bad thing. I've been going crazy. My whole family thinks I'm nuts. It's okay though...I have a really clean and tidy house now :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had the opposite happen - I've worked my butt off trying to do everything I needed to yet every day I get comments about how I've sat around and done nothing all day. Um, I'm due on the 1st! Why should I be the one still doing laundry/dishes/cooking/etc. without any help? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Are they saying you're nesting like it's a bad thing? From what you said, it doesn't seem like they are making a big deal.. just making the normal semi-rude comments that everyone seems to make when there's a pregnant person around :/

I would just explain to your DH that you're not freaking out or anything... just tired and uncomfortable, and would appreciate some help with getting things done so that you can feel comfortable resting without a to-do list on your mind. If he doesn't want to help you, tell him to leave you alone because he's upsetting you by just watching and making comments. That's just not helpful at all.

• Nesting is not so bad. Things get cleaned that probably should've been done a long time ago. Our washer broke on Friday in the middle of washing dirty cloth diapers. DH tried to drain the stinky water on Sunday and it went all over the kitchen floor. Alas, we had to clean the floor and move the W/D. Forced to clean, but I was already in the nesting mode that is was all cleaned with his help. So tired of being pregnant and wish LO#3 would come on Friday, at 37 wk! I get lots of BH when I clean and when I go to work on my feet for 12 hrs at a time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I absolutely hate how when you do ANYTHING around the house everyone just assumes you are nesting..um hello!! not like I just sat on my butt all day doing nothing before I got pregnant....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n
  • I think people hype up the whole nesting thing. I feel the same way you do: it's got to be done so im doing it! We moved to a new home this past weekend and ive got 2 weeks left until my due date. Not my first idea of good timing but im going to use every bit of energy i have to get organized because i know ill feel better about it when the baby is here. Maybe people view 'nesting' as unnecessary work but us mamas want to be ready for our little ones and that takes a lot of work!
  • If thats considered nesting, then I've been going at it for quite a while. I still have 8 weeks left, the nursury is done and all LO's clothes are washed, sorted and put away. some call it nesting, I call it being prepared Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesinisforgiven:

Are they saying you're nesting like it's a bad thing? From what you said, it doesn't seem like they are making a big deal.. just making the normal semi-rude comments that everyone seems to make when there's a pregnant person around :/

I would just explain to your DH that you're not freaking out or anything... just tired and uncomfortable, and would appreciate some help with getting things done so that you can feel comfortable resting without a to-do list on your mind. If he doesn't want to help you, tell him to leave you alone because he's upsetting you by just watching and making comments. That's just not helpful at all.

I should have clarified. They are acting like it's a bad thing and I'm going to go into labor tomorrow or something. I don't see why it's so bad that I want to get things done, it just drives me nuts when my DH doesn't help. I asked him to just do a few things and he always just sits there and says "Do I have to do it right now?" and if I say no, it never gets done. 

Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yes, I get it spurts where I just need to clean and fix and straighten up life. My husband laughs because he too thinks I'm nesting, I just go about me thing. Nothing wrong with being clean and organized!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"