Breastfeeding
Options

when can I wear an underwire bra again?

I'm so sick of saggy boobs. When can I start wearing my normal underwire bra again without worrying about clogged milk ducts?
Baby Boy - Born June 8, 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: when can I wear an underwire bra again?

• Options
    I wear one 1-2 days a week and have had no problems. Sometimes if I wear it when I go into town, I will change bras or take it off when I get home.
  • Options
    I've always worn them and I've never had a clogged duct.  They're what I've always worn, so I just figured I'd wear them until there was a reason not to...and there never was.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsD1MrsD1 member
    My nursing bras are underwire and they've always been fine. However, once in awhile I'll put on a VS underwire push-up bra and I'm reminded how horrible of an idea that is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Underwire was uncomfortable for me the first week or two but I wore them daily without problems after that when my three year old was a baby and have been wearing them for quite some time now with my 2 month old too. Never had a problem, but it's always more comfortable when I change into a cotton non underwire one at the end of the day!
  • Options
    I wear one everyday. I did get clogged ducts from wearing a pp sports bra. It was too tight and I will never make that mistake again!
  • Options
    I wear them everyday. Just be sure it's properly fitted. 
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Options
    I wear an underwire bra everyday and have never had clogged ducts.  I've never  even heard of that being a concern. What's the correlation?

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Options

imageReeseFox:
    I wear an underwire bra everyday and have never had clogged ducts.  I've never  even heard of that being a concern. What's the correlation?

If a wire presses on a duct, it can get clogged.

I didn't get an underwire for a year, but that's not really necessary. The key is to get bras that FIT. My pre-pg bras definitely don't fit, not even after a year. So don't just cram yourself into an old bra and expect it to go well.

• Options
    I think it totally depends on the person, and even can vary from baby to baby - I wore underwire just fine very regularly with my daughter after I went back to work at 12 weeks, but now with my son, it does seem like when I wear them I will get a clog... I of course can't know for SURE if that is what causes them, but it's happened twice after I wore them, and they totally suck so I'll be sticking with my non-underwire nursing bras from now on!
  • Options
    I have always worn underwire bras, everyday, since DS was born.  I have never (knock on wood) had a clogged duct.  Maybe give it a try and see how it goes!

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"