October 2012 Moms
Options

Loss of happiness

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have, or are, experiencing loss of will to live basically.  I have no motivation to get up in the morning or to eat or to exercise or nest.  I literally get fatigued doing anything.  Just showering or brushing my teeth feels like an exhausting workout.  I am already sad enough during this pregnancy, but having no motivation or will is making me more upset.  I want to be active and healthy for baby, but I simply cannot find it in me to live.  I had the urge to nest in the middle and late stages of my second trimester.  Then everyone started bugging me about when my baby shower would be and what the gender of the baby is, and I completely shut down.  I have no interest in nesting or shopping for baby.  And I have no interest in talking to anyone.  I get annoyed or agitated with people very easily now for little or no reason.  And I am sick of it! I am sick of myself, but I can't seem to get out of my own way.

Have any of you experienced this? If you have, how did you cope and push through it?

I'm scared because I feel this way now, I'll be more at risk for postpartum. 

Re: Loss of happiness

• Options
    I had lack of happiness/motivation w/ my 1st pregnancy during my 1st trimester - but not to the extent you are describing. Bring it up to your doctor and see what s/he says - you may be experiencing some depression.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Please let your OB know that you're feeling this way, it sounds like you're already struggling with depression, and you can begin treatment for that now.  If you don't already have an appointment this week, call and make one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way.  I think you need to call your doctor as soon as possible and let him/her know you are feeling this way.  In all likelihood, they will suggest you see a counselor and you really should.  These feelings you are having should not go untreated.  I really hope you seek out some help.  Good luck and keep your chin up.  Happy times are ahead!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im about 50/50. depends on the day i guess. i have a strong urge to nest (not sure if i just want her here that bad) i have been on bed rest since week 20...now at week 27.5....its a chore to do a lot, lately i have had a lot of pressure down below and at my ultrasound she was head down on monday, it hurts to even walk, sleep? ha what sleep....i just keep saying it will be over before i know it...good luck to you :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMichelleL1118:
    Please let your OB know that you're feeling this way, it sounds like you're already struggling with depression, and you can begin treatment for that now.  If you don't already have an appointment this week, call and make one.

This!  Please call your doctor and make an appointment ASAP.  It is not normal to the extent you are speaking and worries me the way you say you have"no desire to live". 

• Options

I'm having a hard time keeping my head up or doing more than my mundane daily tasks. I know a lot of this is circumstantial. But I am most certainly depressed, no doubt.

My dr. forbid me to go off my antidepressants right now. I don't know why people make a big deal out of them, they're the difference between life and death for many people (you wouldn't tell someone with diabetes to stop their meds, right) and this is the case for me. I actually upped them a bit recently. There are no prizes for not going on meds. 

Sounds like you're depressed but this could be from a multitude of things. Has your OB checked your thyroid function, etc. It could be a hormonal imbalance, some metabolic issue, etc.  not just depression. The depression could be a symptom of something else. 

Hang in there. You don't need to live this way.  

• Options
    imagequeenie521:

imageMichelleL1118:

This!  Please call your doctor and make an appointment ASAP.  It is not normal to the extent you are speaking and worries me the way you say you have"no desire to live". 

All of this. As a person who has had 2 family members commit suicide, PLEASE get the help you need. Do not feel ashamed that you feel the way you do and don't be scared to talk to someone. Your doctor is there to help you and will NOT judge you. My biggest fear when I finally admitted I had PPD/PPA was that the doc would judge me. I have dealt with depression during this pregnancy as well. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me, but please call your doctor today! *Hugs*
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMichelleL1118:

THIS! Please!

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Options
    I'm going to echo the previous posts.  Talk to your doctor about this, sooner rather than later.  I think we have all experienced some days with the blues, but this sounds much more severe than that.  Your doctor can do something to help you feel less hopeless.  And know that we are here for you too, if you need someone to talk to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have to agree with PP's that your situation sounds a lot more serious than a typical pregnancy hormonal "down" feeling.  Especially because you reference not wanting to live several times.  You need to go in to see your doctor ASAP because I think the depression to the extent you are feeling is atypical and should not be written off as "just a part of pregnancy."  Having a baby could make this depression worse, so it is something that needs to be taken care of right now.

Hang in there...I hope you get the help you need soon.  :::hugs:::

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    sdudesdude member
    I think you should mention this to your OB or doctor, it may be a physical cause (thyroid for example) or a depression.
  • Options

I suffered from depression pre pregnancy. When I became pregnant I stopped taking my anti-depressant. The past couple weeks I have been feeling a lot like you have. I feel so down all the time, I become angry at the littlest things and often can't remember why I was angry. Because I suffered from depression pre pregnancy it puts me at a higher risk for postpartum.

My doctors have told me from the start of pregnancy that should I need the medication I can take it. So I started back on my anti-depressant today. Zoloft is believed to be one of the better medications to take while pregnant. I had planned on re-starting about a month before gving birth, but plans change.

Talk to your doctor. It's best for your health and LO's health.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Please talk to your doctor as soon as possible.  It is normal to have a couple down days and to be in a funk but your description of how you're feeling sounds very serious.  Not having a will to live is something that needs to be addressed immediately.  Talk to your DH and tell him how you're feeling too. 

Do you have a history of depression?  You are not alone, please remember that.  There are a lot of people available to help you.  But you need to reach out.  This needs to be addressed before the baby gets here.  I'm worried about you and your baby.

Please get some help.  Praying for the best for you!  I hope you feel better soon.

Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAadensMommy2010:

Please talk to your doctor as soon as possible.  It is normal to have a couple down days and to be in a funk but your description of how you're feeling sounds very serious.  Not having a will to live is something that needs to be addressed immediately.  Talk to your DH and tell him how you're feeling too. 

Do you have a history of depression?  You are not alone, please remember that.  There are a lot of people available to help you.  But you need to reach out.  This needs to be addressed before the baby gets here.  I'm worried about you and your baby.

Please get some help.  Praying for the best for you!  I hope you feel better soon.

This. You definitely need to address it now. You most likely are more at risk for PPD if you are already having these thoughts. Trust me, a new baby added to the negative thoughts you are having now will not magically make everything better. I had PPA/PPD after DS was born, and have had a history of depression, and I know it's not normal to feel the way you are feeling.

Please reach out. I know it's scary to admit that you might need help, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby!

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    I agree with everyone else as well. Please call your doctor & let them know how you are feeling. Don't ever be ashamed for feeling this way either. It can happen to the best of us and luckily there is a lot of help available! You wont feel this way forever. Keep your head up! Good luck & I will be praying for you! Smile
  • Options

Thank you all.  I couldn't respond yesterday because I was too sad.  I have called and am waiting for a callback.

Thank you for your support and for not being judgmental.  I really appreciate it all. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"