July 2012 Moms
Options

IUD placed today

I chose the Paraguard, insertion took less than five minutes and was really no big deal. It's funny because I had a natural birth and handled the discomfort great but I was still a bit nervous about the procedure. I took Tylenol beforehand and barely felt anything, seriously the speculum was the worst part. I've had a little cramping afterwards but nothing bad.

Re: IUD placed today

• Options
    Thanks for sharing.  I think I'll be going with the Paraguard too since it's horomone free.  I'm already freaking out about getting it placed!  It's nice to hear that it's NBD. 
  • Options
    It definitely doesn't have to be bad. They told me to take whatever meds I would normally take for a headache an hour before my appointment and I just did some deep breathing to relax during the procedure. A little spotting and cramping afterwards so I would try to plan the appointment when you can rest for the rest of the day afterwards. I might have had a harder time if I'd ha to chase my toddler all day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJcrab:
    I chose the Paraguard, insertion took less than five minutes and was really no big deal. It's funny because I had a natural birth and handled the discomfort great but I was still a bit nervous about the procedure. I took Tylenol beforehand and barely felt anything, seriously the speculum was the worst part. I've had a little cramping afterwards but nothing bad.

Question for you......when you went back for your first PP appointment and told OB you wanted an IUD, did they have them at the office or must they be ordered? I have my appointment coming up in 2 weeks and I'm just curious if he will insert my IUD then or if he has to order it and I have to go back for it. I told him I wanted an IUD but we didnt really discuss it in detail.

Thanks!

• Options
    They had it at the office but I still had to come back for a second appointment because they needed to get the authorization from insurance. If you call them now and request the auth then they should hopefully be able to do it at your 6 week appointment. I have to return in 4-6 weeks for a placement check so anything you can do to avoid extra appointments would certainly make life easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"