November 2012 Moms

I want to scream (rant ... long)

I am 24 weeks today and am so angry almost in tears at my employer. I am such a hard working person. Always have been and am an Executive Assistant so as you can imagine have to take a lot of *** from a senior level manager. I have assisted him for over three years and work my ass off for him and this company. Today he decides (after 3 years of doing the same thing) to call me out on coming in at 8:30am because my hours are 8-5. Ummm really? I don't hear you saying anything about me working through my lunch, staying late for you and always doing over and beyond what this job is. I'm pregnant, have a toddler and just a little slower these days. I always come in at 8:30 and now it's bothering you??? When I only have 2 1/2 months left until disability. I never take breaks, never clock working through my lunch (I just clock an hour even though I eat and work during my lunch), and never clock any O/T. I just never do since I come in at 8:30. I have already been stressed out the last two days because I have been monitoring my blood pressure and it's been high. I just don't want to deal with this added stress of a control freak boss my last weeks here. I am going to talk to my dr about pulling me at 26 weeks. I am already a High Risk with Type 2 diabetes.

Re: I want to scream (rant ... long)

• oh man that sounds stressful ! :( I am sorry  your boss is treating you like that, sounds like  you need to treat yourself to a nice spa day! Hopefully he realizes what a hardworking employee he has soon!!
  • what if you quit working thru your lunch?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekdg31684:
    what if you quit working thru your lunch?

I agree.  If they want to play that way..play it right back.  Take your hour lunch and breaks

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• imageSarahB0427:

imagekdg31684:
    what if you quit working thru your lunch?

I agree.  If they want to play that way..play it right back.  Take your hour lunch and breaks

Yup. I third this idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJulieN0704:
    imageSarahB0427:

imagekdg31684:
    what if you quit working thru your lunch?

Yup. I third this idea.

I agree 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • He certainly can't stop you from taking your lunch break and other breaks. Those are your right by law.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! That's what I plan on doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"