1st Trimester
Options

Unexpectedly Expecting - me too!

I am 11 days late and took a pregnancy test last night, and one this morning, both positive.  I called and scheduled an appointment with my doc for next Wednesday, 08/08 and in the interim, I am FREAKING!

I'm 25, my husband 24, and we've only been married for 9 months.  We also got engaged and married really fast.  We got married a few days before our 1 year dating anniversary.  I'm super scared to tell our families and friends because I feel like we've done everything SO fast!  We are also closing on our first house this week and it's just a LOT.  We both have good jobs, he's about to graduate college (probably around the time the baby will be here), and I feel like we're pretty reasonable, mature adults.  It's just so scary!

Any advice?  This is all so new and I feel like we're really not ready.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Unexpectedly Expecting - me too!

• Options

Celebrate!  You're young, presumably healthy and seemingly doing well.  It is new and exciting and a little bit scary, but it's also awesome!  Let it sink in for a few days and keep it a secret for just the two of you, and then you can talk about whether you want to tell immediate family right away or wait.  There's nothing wrong with doing things "fast".  I'm a strong believer in "it happens when it's meant to happen".

ETA:  Oh, and get some prenatal vitamins. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Dive in head first!  It's wonderful Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It might be a lot, but it sounds to me like you're both going down a very mature path imo! I give you props and I think its so exciting. The good news is, from what your ticker says, you're only around 6 weeks...so you'll have plenty of time to think things through before your big announcement :0) Good luck!

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • Options

It sounds like we are in such similar boats!

First, CONGRATS on your wedding. :) And secondly, CONGRATS on your pregnancy! It is no easy feat to become pregnant.

I am 7 weeks, and due March 18, 2013. It's a crazy feeling to know this little thing is growing inside you (and making you SO sick!).

You can chose to start telling people, as I am doing. I know some people prefer to wait until the first trimester is over and the risk of miscarriage drops, but a combination of fear and excitement made me just want to get it over (rip of the bandaid!). You two have to make a decision for yourselves as to what is best.

Purchasing a home is a BIG deal. And congrats on that too! My BF owned a house before we met. Sadly, it's only a 2 bedroom and now I lose my home office! (I work from home, kinda a big deal). So we have no idea what we want to do.

Sounds like your next 8.5 months are going to fly by with all this excitement. Take it day by day - and keep us posted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Part of the growing that happens during this pregnancy is more than just the physical growth of the baby.  You will be amazed at how much better and more ready you will feel when you get closer to your EDD.  I felt the same way when I was pregnant with DD and by the time she was born, I felt way more excited than anything else.  Obviously it's terrifying and it's all brand new, but read as much as you can to educate yourself and  you'll be just fine.  And when it comes to telling friends and family, do it at your own pace.  Make sure the first few people you tell are those that will be happy and non-judgemental. That will create an excitement for you and then when you get around to telling the harder people, you will have the momentum going and not really care what those people think.  Give yourself a little time to digest what is happening before telling the world about it, but enjoy this time.  It's pretty incredible what's going on in your body even before you knew you were pregnant!  Good luck with the house closing, and moving and finishing school!  That's a lot, but you guys will be great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations! I was in a similar situation with DS. I was on the rebound, got engaged and married within 14 months, and I was pregnant with DS on the honeymoon. It was a whirlwind, and while I was happy, I was like "WTF!?"

Said husband and I are divorced now. I don't know you and your husband, but the cliche "a baby changes everything" is very true. Keep an open line of communication open with your new husband, and grow together rather than separately with this totally new stage in your lives. And enjoy it! Nothing like being pregnant for the first time :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    emjo03emjo03 member

Congratulations!!

When I was 29, about to turn 30 we found out we were expecting our first.  We found out on Tuesday and moved into our just purchased house on Saturday.

It was scary to say the least.

The night before I was induced DH told me that he didn't know if we were ready, that he was scared, and that he wasn't sure it was right to bring a child into this world!  Really buddy?  You're about 40 weeks too late for THAT conversation!!

Anyway, it is scary and exciting and scary and wonderful!!!  It is the best thing EVER!!!

Congratulations!  I think it's time to celebrate. 

Oh, and while you may be doing this quickly, you're responsible, employed adults, not 16 year olds.  Anyone who has a problem with it can back off!

• Options
    DH and I started dating while he was in the Marine Corps in CA, I was in TX. We dated long-distance for about a year (part of the time he was in Afghanistan). Once he got out of the military, we moved in together 6 hours away from where I lived (us never even having lived in the same state, mind you!), lived together for 8 months, got engaged, and got married 1 month later. Now, 3 months after that, we found out that I'm 7 wks pregnant... sooo, I definitely feel you. lol As well, he's 25, I'll be 25 when the baby is born.
  • Options
    With my DD, we found out we were expecting (unexpectedly) on our 9 month wedding anniversary. I was 24 at the time (25 when she was born). We had been together a long time before we got married (almost 10 years!) but it all worked out fine! Congratulations! :)
  • Options
    I work from home, too!  We close on our 3 BR 2 BA tomorrow afternoon - I have to say goodbye to my guest room!  Thanks for your response.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement, advice, and positive attitudes!  It really rubs off, I feel a lot better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"