Parenting

So snarky to an old lady today...

I had to take the boys to the store today. Buddy was out of milk. Well he's still not able to walk on his leg because is knee is still kind of swollen and he's really not supposed to be walking on it for a few days. 

So I was carrying both boys into the store. This old lady rudely looks at me and points to Buddy "He's to old to be carried"

I am already stressed that he's hurt. I just looked at her and calmly said "He has a sprained knee and shouldn't be walking"

She made some comment under her breathe and I turned around and looked at her and said "I sure hope if you fall and break your hip someone tells you, your to old to be carried"

Hours later I feel a bit badly for being snarky to an old lady. But come the *** on, why do people feel so inclined to talk to strangers! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: So snarky to an old lady today...

• That was rude of her to say though...

Im kind of jealous. I always think of good things to say back after the person is already gone.  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageThePolishHammer:

That was rude of her to say though...

Im kind of jealous. I always think of good things to say back after the person is already gone.  

Same here! And then when I do think of a good comeback, I'm usually too much of a wimp to actually say it.

• Loading the player...
  • imageThePolishHammer:

That was rude of her to say though...

This was like the one time I actually had a comeback. I never think of something to say. But I was already way stressed. I'd set Buddy down to get Tiny out and he collapsed so the whole trip was just stressful from the start.

People that have 2u1 are super heros seriously. I can't imagine having to carry around two babies all the time.  

• ::clutches pearls::

Old people (mean or not) hold a special place in my heart. I can never be mean to an old person no matter what.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I think that was a great response and she deserved it! It doesn't matter that shes an old lady, she was rude for Mali g a comment and for mumbling. What a b?tch.

• I generally don't like old people anyway, so I would have told her to shut up lol
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imagePrincessFiona9:
    I generally don't like old people anyway, so I would have told her to shut up lol

LOL.  

• BRAVO for standing up for yourself!! People can be so rude and it's none of her damn business! go you!!

also, I found your post super funny haha thanks for that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think being old gives a person a right to be as rude as they want. DH's grandmother is mean most of the time and later likes to blame it on her age. She is 66, only 4 years older than my mother. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like cool old people. Old assus are treating any other assus
  • She deserved it.  Man, old people are the ultimate judgy Mcjudgersons.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageManateearmz:

::clutches pearls::

Old people (mean or not) hold a special place in my heart. I can never be mean to an old person no matter what.  

ill be mean enough for us both. old people in Florida are exasperating.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • delg23delg23 member
    I don't understand why people think being old is a license to be an as$hole anyway. You're old enough to know to mind your own business!! 
  • This one time...at walmart customer service...I had been standing in line to return something for FOR-EH-VER,  it was my turn next and just when the lady behind the counter said, "Next!" this little old lady (who had just walked up) insisted that she cut in front of me (and the 10 people behind me) because she was afraid that the bus might leave her. I was in my "ME FIRST" stage then, and I refused:( I feel terrible about it now. Um, that has nothing to do with this other than the old person. Anyway, I feel bad about what I did then, but wouldn't feel bad about what you did today. That old lady needs to mind her own business.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageAshasaurusRex:
    This one time...at walmart customer service...I had been standing in line to return something for FOR-EH-VER,  it was my turn next and just when the lady behind the counter said, "Next!" this little old lady (who had just walked up) insisted that she cut in front of me (and the 10 people behind me) because she was afraid that the bus might leave her. I was in my "ME FIRST" stage then, and I refused:( I feel terrible about it now. Um, that has nothing to do with this other than the old person. Anyway, I feel bad about what I did then, but wouldn't feel bad about what you did today. That old lady needs to mind her own business.

Lol. I love the randomness of this story.  

• Some days I feel the same way.  Typically I wouldn't say anything but, if you catch me when I'm in a mood-watch out.  I think you're fine....
  • Work in a nursing home a week. Any warm fuzzes you feel towards the elderly will quickly be extinguished. I had one old man in particular I wanted to punch. He threw his teeth under the bed. When I bent down to get them he grabbed my crotch and said "coochie coochie coo". When I told him that was not appropriate his response was "oops...I though you were my grand daughter". Because being lewd to your grand daughter is evidently okay. I could never look at him the same way again.
  • imageATMmom324:
    When I bent down to get them he grabbed my crotch and said "coochie coochie coo". When I told him that was not appropriate his response was "oops...I though you were my grand daughter". Because being lewd to your grand daughter is evidently okay. I could never look at him the same way again.

What the actual *** 

Tell the truth. When he sleeps you fantasize about "tripping" over his life support cord?  

(I understand this fantasy only works if he's on life support. But maybe his granddaughter will throttle him and put him there)  

• imageATMmom324:
    Work in a nursing home a week. Any warm fuzzes you feel towards the elderly will quickly be extinguished. I had one old man in particular I wanted to punch. He threw his teeth under the bed. When I bent down to get them he grabbed my crotch and said "coochie coochie coo". When I told him that was not appropriate his response was "oops...I though you were my grand daughter". Because being lewd to your grand daughter is evidently okay. I could never look at him the same way again.

I know we've had our differences, but I seriously think you're a saint for putting up with this kind of crap.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageATMmom324:
    Work in a nursing home a week. Any warm fuzzes you feel towards the elderly will quickly be extinguished. I had one old man in particular I wanted to punch. He threw his teeth under the bed. When I bent down to get them he grabbed my crotch and said "coochie coochie coo". When I told him that was not appropriate his response was "oops...I though you were my grand daughter". Because being lewd to your grand daughter is evidently okay. I could never look at him the same way again.

Holy fackwad! this ruined my night...ughhhhhh HEEBS GALORE!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAshasaurusRex:

imageATMmom324:

I know we've had our differences, but I seriously think you're a saint for putting up with this kind of crap.

Thank you.
  • I never think of good comebacks! So jealous lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I the only one who thinks it is normal to carry a 3 year old anyway?  I routinely pick up my 3 year old and carry him.  It's a great way to get a quick snuggle with my baby. 
  • I really hate how some people take it upon themselves to comment on your life - something they know nothing about.  It seems older people do this the most.  It's just so rude.  I don't go walking through the grocery store, commenting to random strangers.  Is it bothering her that you are carrying your son?  What's it to her anyways?  Jeez.

• imageShellShockedMama:
    imageManateearmz:

::clutches pearls::

ill be mean enough for us both. old people in Florida are exasperating.  

Yes  This! 

I am LEO and one time we had a major incident happen in my jurisdiction.  I don't want to go into tons of details, but it's something that required long hours, in the heat (I also live in FL), a lot of meals skipped, time away from my family, etc.  I worked a lot of my days off of patrol on the case.  It lasted for months. 

One day, while working on patrol, I stopped into a gas station to get a drink and an old man actually stopped me and told me that I didn't have to time to get a drink, I should be working on the case.  I held my tongue, because I was in full uniform, but thankfully, another person stood up for me who was in the store.  I just don't get people.

• imageCbidt's girl:
    Am I the only one who thinks it is normal to carry a 3 year old anyway?  I routinely pick up my 3 year old and carry him.  It's a great way to get a quick snuggle with my baby. 

I'm sure I looked frazzed. I normally can't carry Buddy and Tiny because, well, Buddy is 30 lbs and Tiny is 20. I would be exhausted. Before Tiny was born (like up till the day I delivered) I pretty much always carried Buddy in parking lots. This bit my in the butt now because now that I can't carry him and he doesn't want to hold hands, I'm almost always THAT woman with the screaming 3 year old heading into the store while I say "We have to hold hands, cars will give you pinch"  

• imageMrsPteranodon:

imageCbidt's girl:
    Am I the only one who thinks it is normal to carry a 3 year old anyway?  I routinely pick up my 3 year old and carry him.  It's a great way to get a quick snuggle with my baby. 

I'm sure I looked frazzed. I normally can't carry Buddy and Tiny because, well, Buddy is 30 lbs and Tiny is 20. I would be exhausted. Before Tiny was born (like up till the day I delivered) I pretty much always carried Buddy in parking lots. This bit my in the butt now because now that I can't carry him and he doesn't want to hold hands, I'm almost always THAT woman with the screaming 3 year old heading into the store while I say "We have to hold hands, cars will give you pinch"  

Im sure I baby my 3 year old because he's my last one.  I probably stopped carrying kid 1 at 3 because that's when I developed a permanent growth called kid2.  The crying only stopped when I wore him;) 

• I still double baby wear, beacuse sometimes it's just easier to carry the extra 64lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagecitychicks:
    I still double baby wear, beacuse sometimes it's just easier to carry the extra 64lbs.

Hai!!!!!  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• imageMrsPteranodon:

imageCbidt's girl:

This made me lol. My 3 yr old was the same way, only she didn't want to be held either. It also made me lol  that you say the cars will pinch.

I'm not that nice/delicate. I tell my kids the cars will squash them flat. I also tell them to quit rough housing inside b/c if they crack their heads open I'll have to take them to the doctor who will give them lots of shots & staple their heads closed. And also I don't want to clean all the blood off of the carpet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLoisLane23:

imageATMmom324:

Yes! Nursing home people get frisky faster than teenagers. They are all sofucking horny.

Oh the stories I could tell of the Alzheimer unit.  I broke up more threesomes and orgy's then I thought possible. You loose your inhibitions way before you loose your sex drive.

• I think your comment was perfect.  As others have said, being old is no excuse for being rude.  A friend of mine was shopping with her 2 yr old recently, and an old lady asked her son if Mommy was having another baby.  My friend is a bigger girl, but she had also just had a miscarriage.  She told the lady that no, she was not pregnant.  Old lady said to son "Oh, it must be leftover from you then!"  I wish she would have coldcocked that old b!tch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"