August 2012 Moms
Options

What is your plans to drop the lbs?

This is of course you are taking a plan of action after baby to shed those unwanted pounds. I started at 5"7 148 and I'm 38 weeks and I'm up to 186!!!

I've measured about three weeks ahead at every appointment, and our son is in the 82nd percentile weighing appox 7.13lbs at 37w0. I do not have GD. I would just like to know if ya'll have any special diets, meal plans, and work out tips to help! I plan to BF and walk as much as I can but I just have a feeling its gonna be pretty tough.

image image PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What is your plans to drop the lbs?

• Options
    I'm a few lbs more than you and 3" shorter! I'm hoping breast feeding will help and running with DH when my OB gives me the ok. He just got into running. I think we'll sign up for a little 5k to keep the motivation...I'll need it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

BFing, and hubby and I will begin semi-dieting (counting calories) and exercising as soon as Dr. clears me. 

I am incredibly motivated because I had just lost 10lbs (and some inches!) before I got pregnant and felt great and was able to drop a pants size.   I want that feeling back!

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    According to my dr I want have to lose any (I've only gained 38 and since its twins the majority will be gone with them). My problem is going to be toning and maintaining. I really don't know what my course of action is for toning as I am not a fan of exercising but I do plan to be careful about what and how much I eat so hopefully I won't go up and down, up and down like I did before.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm going back to my usual weight loss plan.  I'll be running 3-5 miles a day, mostly hills.  I have 2 protein shakes for snacks (chocolate protein, ice, milk, peanut butter, and frozen banana) - sometimes I substitute one shake for oatmeal with PB, chocolate protein powder, and sliced bananas; 1 breakfast burrito made with 1 slice of bacon, 2 eggs, a sprinkle of cheese, and salsa; lunch is either a chicken or egg salad sandwich or a salad - always with a fruit; dinner is whatever I make but generally I cook healthy meals; and I'll have one more snack of fruit, nuts, or something small.

I lost 30lbs this way. 

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    I just ordered a pilates dvd, Jennifer Gianni's Fusion Pilates for Post Pregnancy & C-Section Recovery.  I really love pilates so I'm hoping the dvd will be good.  I also plan to count calories via myfitnesspal. 

TTC since July 2010 BFP#1~5/8/11~~EDD 1/18/12~Natural M/C Confirmed 6/1/11 BFP#2~12/2/11 ~EDD 8/13/12~It's a girl!~Emma Grace born 8/12/12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH got me my push present: Insanity workout. 
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Walks in the beginning until I am cleared for exercise and then I'll head back to the gym in 6 weeks. I've gained just under 20lbs.. but was probably about 5 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    i'm 5'2" and started about the same place you did, and i'm not that far from you at this point either.  DH is getting us a membership to a local no frills gym, and we're considering something like Jenny Craig (who apparently has a post maternity program)... we'll see. 
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    BFing, eating healthier, baby-wearing, and walking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have about 35 lbs of "baby weight" to lose and then another 10 I'd like to shed. I plan on WW and running.  Thank goodness my company pays 50% of WW and there are "at work" meetings.
  • Options
    I have about 60 pounds I'd like to lose (30 from pregnancy, 30 from pre-pregnancy).  I'm a runner, so I'm planning to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in March.  I'll be doing light arm weights (no more than 8 lb. with multiple reps) and lots of walking at the beginning, then move in to my easier runs after I get to 6-8 weeks after delivery followed by beginning my 12 week half marathon training program.  I've run 7 half marathons and 1 full marathon, so I know I can do it, but I also gain weight really easily when I'm not training, so I've got a lot to lose! :o)
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BFing is my only plan.  I'll walk too.  Those two things worked with DS.  At some point if we can afford it, it would be great to join the Y so I could actually work out & tone up again (and have childcare to do it).  I haven't been to a gym in several years & I used to go 5+ days a week when I was single & carefree :).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageDaniellekrista:
    DH got me my push present: Insanity workout. 

I lovvvved this workout, and I'm a lazy fatass. :D

What typically works for me is calorie counting, but I don't really know what I'll need to take in while BF'ing :/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm 5'9 and started at 200lb, currently at 207lb... (Lost 11 lbs in first 19 weeks, and gained it back plus 7 lbs since then) .. I haven't gained much, but I was overweight before getting pregnant so I want to get down close to 170 in the next 6 months after baby is born. Here's my plan:

Breastfeeding!!!!!!! It burns about 500 extra calories per day

Gonna start training for a half-marathon! I'm no athlete, but I did a mini-triathalon last year and absolutely LOVED the feeling I got when I finished. It's totally addicting.

Diet - I don't overeat or eat very badly, so I don't think I will have to make any drastic changes. I'll just try to be more aware of what I eat. Starting the day with oatmeal and yogurt helps me stay in a healthy mindset.

• Options
    I've gained 30 lbs. We'll see how much I have to lose after baby's arrival, but my plan is just going back to what I used to do before I got pregnant. I am a runner, so I'll go back to running my 15-20 miles per week, but since I haven't run since December, I'll probably start off with C25K to ease back into it. I'd like to sign up for my 4th half marathon come springtime. I'll probably throw in some at home DVDs like the 30 Day Shred too, and of course lots of walks with baby. Oh and BFing and healthy eating too. 
    T&Y Est. 7/4/2009

• Options
    My plan will be to walk on the treadmill in the first month because it will still be pretty hot here, then once it cools down I'll take baby for walks outside, try to eat cleaner (meaning not eating fast food daily), BFing, then eventually working up to DVDs like Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. 
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageAndreabks:
    i'm 5'2" and started about the same place you did, and i'm not that far from you at this point either. 

I'm exactly where you are! Also 5'2", about the same weight stats. I have a gym membership already (which I have shamefully not been using at all in the past few months) but plan to start going again when I can start exercising. I like to exercise in the mornings; DH likes to go after work, so we can each get some alone time at the gym while the other stays with baby.

Might do Weight Watchers. I've had great success with them before (even keeping off 25 of the original 35 I lost pre-pregnancy) but I don't know that I really feel motivated enough to track everything. We'll see.

• Options
    I had a lot of success with weight watchers before pregnancy and they have a new mom's plan as well, so I'll be going back to that. I learned a lot from WW before, so I feel really comfortable going back to it because I know it works for me. I'm also going to go back to walking/running as soon as I'm cleared (August-October is the MOST BEAUTIFUL time of year where I live, so being outside will feel great!) and I'm going to go back to Bikram Yoga 3-5 days a week (which I've been doing throughout my pregnancy).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BF, walking on the treadmill, and hot yoga!! Two of my best friends started hot yoga about 3 months ago and LOVE it. I can't wait to try it! I started at 5'8 136 pounds and am now at 186 at 39 1/2 weeks but the doctor says with my shape I should lose it pretty fast. I'm hoping he is right!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ive gained about 25lbs so far, so hopefully it won take long to lose. After I pop this kid out and Im still in "survivor mode", I'll probably just rely on bfing, eating clean, and walks. After that, I plan to start back over on my C25K and start doing yoga again to tone back up.
  • Options

Just watching portions and eating healthy in general. Plus going to the gym again (cardio + weight training). I'll set a low goal of 2 times a week at first and slowly get back to 5-6 times/wk.

I go to the YMCA and they have a "kidzone" so I was able to work out while DS played. I'm hoping to get back into that routine once this LO is old enough.

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options

I have to lose about 40 pounds as of now.  DH is in the Army and he is oddly excited about helping me get back in shape.  He is working towards being a drill instructor so I think I'm going to be getting annoyed with him haha.  He keeps mentioning something called the Filthy Fifty.  I don't like the sound of it but I'm just going to do whatever he tells me and see how that goes and it will make him happy to be helpful and involved.  If it isn't working or he is driving me too crazy I'll go back to regular dieting and working out at our complex's gym.

Oh and just to clarify he will be doing all of the workouts with me, not just telling me what to do.  I'm excited about that.  With my Exh I asked him all the time to work out with me because it is more motivating and he never wanted to.  I'm excited this time around.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageJessfulller:

This is of course you are taking a plan of action after baby to shed those unwanted pounds. I started at 5"7 148 and I'm 38 weeks and I'm up to 186!!!

I've measured about three weeks ahead at every appointment, and our son is in the 82nd percentile weighing appox 7.13lbs at 37w0. I do not have GD. I would just like to know if ya'll have any special diets, meal plans, and work out tips to help! I plan to BF and walk as much as I can but I just have a feeling its gonna be pretty tough.

I am 5'8 & started at 148 & now at 186 too! I plan on doing a master cleanse & cutting then cutting out dairy & carbs.. (I'm FF so I don't need to upkeep a diet for the baby) and of course LOTS of walking!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I lost 70lbs a year before getting pregnant, but was still overweight pre-preg so I have some work to do.  I've only gained 19 lbs so I'm hoping a lot of it is water and will be gone in the first couple weeks after baby.  After that my plan is calorie counting (I was thinking 1800 should be reasonable with BFing, but if it affects supply I may have to go up a little), and exercise.  We have an elliptical, and I just bought myself Zumba for the Wii and I'm actually really excited to get started.  My overall goal is to be 30lbs below my pre-preg weight in 6 months.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    I have 80 lbs that I would like to lose.  50 is from pregnancy.  I'm not planning on anything for the first couple months.  Just EBF and normal baby care activities.  Once my body heals and stops dropping the lbs naturally then I will up my fruit/veggie/whole grains intake and take as many walks as possible.  I'm so looking forward to the fall!! sweatshirt/blue jeans weather!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"