September 2012 Moms

GTKY: what is on your bucket list?

I didn't see this particular GTKY on this board before. Let's hear it! 

Re: GTKY: what is on your bucket list?

• I want to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon!
  • Newt69Newt69 member
    Travel to Italy, some mid-west states and Alaska
  • Loading the player...
  • A lot of traveling. Europe and California (specifically for the Redwood Forest). Probably have to wait until the kids are grown. No huge vacations in our budget.

I also want to take the kids to Disney before they're too old for the magic but after they're old enough to have memories of it. Probably around 7,6,5.

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Participate in a race in a foreign country.  I did an Ironman last year in Canada but would love to run the Berlin, London, or Paris Marathons.  Canada was a drivable distance for me.
                  image     image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageisacdimi10:

A lot of traveling. Europe and California (specifically for the Redwood Forest). Probably have to wait until the kids are grown. No huge vacations in our budget.

I also want to take the kids to Disney before they're too old for the magic but after they're old enough to have memories of it. Probably around 7,6,5.

I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains which are all redwood forests. They are pretty amazing. The smell from the during a good storm is heaven! You should go visit.  

• imageCarlySara:
    I want to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon!

My sils, who live in Orlando, are running next year and I so wanted to do it with them! I'm worried about the training after having this baby though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I want to go to skip barber's racing school and drive a super car over 200mph. 
  • Scuba Dive in the Maldives.  Definitely something I want to do.  Diving is one thing I am missing during this pregnancy.
  • I want to take my fiance and LO to Scotland where all my family is from.  I also want to see the Grand Canyon, Yellow Stone and all the famous state parks.  Oh and do wine tasting all across Italy Smile oh how i miss my wine!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I want to tour Ireland, England, France and Italy.  I'd also love to see Australia and Jamaica.  And I want to take a curse somewhere.
  • Wow, I don't think I have one. How lame is that?

I want to get a PhD. Does that count? I also want to be on Jeopardy and get a piglet.  

• miss50miss50 member

imageBethevans85:
    I want to go to skip barber's racing school and drive a super car over 200mph. 

I knew you would say something like this!   

• This may sound super lame, but I would love to be in good enough shape one day to participate in a fitness/physique competition (not the ridiculous body-building kind). I wouldn't even care if I won or not, but just getting up there would be such an accomplishment for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • miss50miss50 member
    imagelinzeek44:

Wow, I don't think I have one. How lame is that?

I want to get a PhD. Does that count? I also want to be on Jeopardy and get a piglet.  

Those are some good ones...you didn't even have to think about that?  a piglet?  I want to be on kids Jeopardy....I kill that week on Jeopardy!  :)

My List 

-walk across the bridge in my town.  i am waiting for LO to do this.

-white water rafting

-get married

-go to Cedar Point

-travel by train to the upper northwest

-win a state title (im a HS coach)

-meet the "mean girls" IRL and put all my glitter on them 

• imagelinzeek44:

Wow, I don't think I have one. How lame is that?

I actually took the test for Jeopardy.  I felt shockingly stupid.  When I watch the show I know almost everything and then the test came and I was a miserable failure--it is hard!  

My bucket list is just to travel and be a good person to many people and animals (and hopefully raise a few that will do the same) :)

• I would love to do a historic tour of Europe! I was a history major in school so I know I would find it fascinating! 
  • I would like to:

Run a marathon-- I'll start with a half...

Kayak with Orcas in the San Juan Islands

Travel to Napa Valley and learn all about wine

Go to Ireland

Research my genealogy and  family history

Open my own business

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Skydive with DH

Travel more, especially as a family

Take the kids to Disney 

Continue pursuing photography

• Hmm.  Have done a lot of traveling but these places are remaining and high on my list:

South Africa, India, Greece

I also totally daydream about building a dream house. I think it would be so rewarding and great to design and decorate, then live in and enjoy it.

I'd like to someday have enough money to take my parents on an amazing vacation. They have traveled, but mostly in Europe, and I think it'd be so incredible to take them somewhere insanely exotic and exciting. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I want to travel to as many places as possible. 

I want to open my own business & be a wedding planner.

I would also love to meet Andy Cohen.. that might be a little less serious than other things, but hey, I'm a fan.  

• Build my dream house on an acreage

Build my dream studio

Own chickens (for eggs), goats, a cow, and horses. 

Visit every state (live in Canada) we are currently up to 20!

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Spending 2-3 weeks backpacking across Europe with my family!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A million things due to me getting married at 20 and having babies nonstop since then!

Whale watching in Alaska

Do a "Tough Mudder" run

Travel to Australia and Hawaii and Ireland..anything after that is a bonus
    There are more but those are at the top of my list.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef

Bungee jump in New Zealand

Visit every major league ballpark for a game (halfway done)

Learn Spanish

Be happy :) 

• Write a book

Travel -- mainly around U.S. and Europe, but there are so many places I want to see.

• imageCarlySara:
    I want to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon!

I want to do this, too!

On my list (aside from the above)..

• Spend a month in Ireland.
    • Donate at least $10k to the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation.
    • Write a book.
    • Buy my "big girl bag," the LV Delightful Monogram MM bag.
    • Learn how to make all of my grandmother's recipes.
    • Send DH to culinary school because he would love it.

I'm sure I could come up with a million more, but those are the ones that stand out the most. The big girl bag one is really frivolous, but oh well. :)

imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:

Purchase or design a family compound. Which sounds cult-ish, but I just mean a decent acreage with a house we love and outdoor area to enjoy - gardening, a pool, lots of wooded area. I want it to be a place that we adore, that our children can run free in, and that when they're grown, they're eager to come back to and visit. 

And this one is really cool. I know what you mean, and you don't mean in a cult-ish way. My grandparents' home was like this, and it was the gathering place for everyone for Sunday dinners, birthdays, holidays, and so forth. I miss it. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • I'd really like to see the 7 wonders of the (modern) world. I've done the Grand Canyon and Great Wall of China, but have a lot left to do!!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My bucket list:

Run a marathon (I've done the half), finish all my scrapbooking, go to the Mary Kay Seminar (it's like the Oscars for us), finish my geneology project, do a triathalon, travel to Europe and Australia, conquer my fears.

• Little late, but here's mine: 

Compete on Jeopardy

Sing the National Anthem at a major sporting event (I'm an ok singer, but I'd seriously have to win a contest or something...)

Publish a book 

Do my hair (and get it to stay) like Nick Cage's in Allierhan's siggy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"