March 2013 Moms
Options

All ya'll.

I feel like I've read about 100 posts in the last two days saying other March mamas don't intend to give into the cravings, won't be gaining extra weight, etc.

I just want to say... The three potato wedges and peanut butter M&Ms I just ate were sooo worth it. Stick out tongue

That said, I started this pregnancy well within my healthy BMI and I plan to indulge the cravings... in moderation... or something that looks vaguely like moderation.

Just thought I would share the deliciousness. <3

<3 Nicole</br> So excited for Baby #1 due March 10, 2013. BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: All ya'll.

• Options
    I love you.  Thanks for that.  That giant pb ice cream cone I just ate was fabulous.
    Mother to 3 angels: D&C May 2006 - My cherry blossom child. TTC since March 2012. BFP March 2012; CP March 2012 - 4 weeks 1 day. BFP July 8, 2012; No HB August 6, 2012 - 8 weeks 2 days. M/C August 21, 2012. Cremated in our backyard 5 days later. Starting charting 10/29/12. Stalk me at My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I have no appetite right now, but that sounds good.  Enjoy your treats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha. I love it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 9-20-2010 EDD: 5-25-2011 DD #1 born: 5-23-2011
    BFP #2: 6-14-2012 EDD: 2-15-2013 MC: 6-19-2012 5w5d
    BFP #3: 7-18-2012 EDD: 3-26-2012

• Options
    Too funny, thanks for the laugh. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous. I have fudge waiting for me in my hiding place for when my appetite returns. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagepuzzlepieces:

I feel like I've read about 100 posts in the last two days saying other March mamas don't intend to give into the cravings, won't be gaining extra weight, etc.

I just want to say... The three potato wedges and peanut butter M&Ms I just ate were sooo worth it. Stick out tongue

That said, I started this pregnancy well within my healthy BMI and I plan to indulge the cravings... in moderation... or something that looks vaguely like moderation.

Just thought I would share the deliciousness. <3

Ha!  I would like to draw a huge heart around this!!

I'm right there with you!  I have RARELY wanted anything to do with sweets since right before BFP, but I give in to the occasional desire for mozarella sticks and the AMAZING burgers that Bobby's Burger Shack provides!!

• Options
    I ate like 2lbs of oven baked bacon last night. It was amazing. No regrets!
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    Mmm.... potato wedges would be perfection right now (bonus points if you get the Friends reference :))
  • Options
    MMMMMMM, Im going to make potato wedges right now!!! Thanks for the instant craving ;) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, I can't wait until my appetite comes back and I plan to indulge plenty of cravings! I figure I will have earned it after having no appetite and feeling sick for however long this lasts.
  • Options
    So I know I already posted on this amazing thread, but does anyone feel like they are just getting so much more pleasure and happiness out of food than pre-pregnancy?  I mean, I know that there is nothing like a satisfied craving, but I NEVER used to be this happy about food. Ever.
    Mother to 3 angels: D&C May 2006 - My cherry blossom child. TTC since March 2012. BFP March 2012; CP March 2012 - 4 weeks 1 day. BFP July 8, 2012; No HB August 6, 2012 - 8 weeks 2 days. M/C August 21, 2012. Cremated in our backyard 5 days later. Starting charting 10/29/12. Stalk me at My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

LOL! Love this... Totally wish I could do the same- 

I am not in a healthy BMI range so completely different story - I need to monitor my calories and make sure I am getting enough (no appetite) esp. the right kinds of things... also that I don't go over... but I can say I think it is time to indulge on something sweet since I have been good lately - definitely getting a bag of peanut butter m&ms on my way home tonight...

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AHHH! We might be soulmates. I was totally explaining this to the hubs the other day... I used to love food, but I had no idea. Now it is like an EXPERIENCE. Food tastes better than it ever has before.
    <3 Nicole</br> So excited for Baby #1 due March 10, 2013. BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imagemiakrita:
    So I know I already posted on this amazing thread, but does anyone feel like they are just getting so much more pleasure and happiness out of food than pre-pregnancy?  I mean, I know that there is nothing like a satisfied craving, but I NEVER used to be this happy about food. Ever.

Pretty sure I had the biggest foodgasm eating at Behinanas last week for my birthday since I've been craving garlic butter. It was like the best 2 hours of my week.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    image5dogs:

imagemiakrita:

Pretty sure I had the biggest foodgasm eating at Behinanas last week for my birthday since I've been craving garlic butter. It was like the best 2 hours of my week.

Sounds like one AMAZING birthday!

• Options

I'm also within the healthy BMI, and I've never really deprived myself of a certain type of food.  It's just always within moderation.  I plan to continue this throughout pregnancy. 

• Options
    Some things sound good, and when they do, I eat as much as my body will let me, this time.  My other pgs I had no m/s, so I was careful not to overdo it because losing the baby SUCKS and is hard (for me, even though I start in a healthy bmi and just hit the upper level of a healthy bmi after birth), but this time I've lost weight, and so if something bad sounds good (like McD's last night, I had dh pick up 2 little hamburgers for me...should have made it 3 because I'd barely eaten all afternoon/evening) then I'm going to eat it.  I'm getting ready to make french toast because it sounds good (cue groaning and whining from my almost 9yo, he prefers pancakes), but last time I did it just didn't do it for me.
  • Options
    Good for you!!  I'm 8 weeks and am lucky if I can stand the site of food right now.  I'm looking forward to the day I can eat (for 2).  I plan to not deprive myself and (hopefully) not go crazy.
  • Options
    I was crazing Thanksgiving so I made an entire Thanksgiving dinner.  They have turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes on our hot bar at work.  I am now eating it every other day.  I did get weird looks for eating mashed potatoes and olives for lunch yesterday. It was so yummy.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so incredibly jealous of all you right now.  All of my most favorite things are major turn offs right now.  There has been nothing that has given me any pleasure whatsoever in the food department.  I need this to pass soon because it is driving me crazy!!!  :-(
  • Options
    This is #3 for me (and our last!) so while I am within a healthy weight, etc on dr's charts, I'm borderline on where *I* am happy w/, so I'm going to try really hard to be good- but there is no way I'm going to deprive myself of whatever I REALLY want for nearly a year! lol  Of course, my morning sickness has kicked in this week so right now I don't really want anything :(  So, when it comes back lol  Then again I am one of the lucky ones who has small babies, so my docs always tell me to "eat whatever and get that baby up to a healthy birth weight"! :}~  Sorry, but only gaining 20-25 lbs under those new guidelines just seems too ridiculous to me, I don't care what weight you start out at!  The baby and extra blood just by itself is practically 20 lbs! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Melanie Paige was born 7/7/10 @ 8:48 AM- 7 lbs 4 oz, 19 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lana Michelle was born 1/9/07 @ 9:40 AM- 6 lbs 14.5 oz, 19.5 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The new guidelines say 20-25lbs?  Shoot, I always gain 35lbs.  Well, except last time.  I was still holding onto 8lbs, so I gained like 27lbs.  I just always hit the same weight before delivery day, my body knows what its doing and where it needs to be I guess.
  • Options

imagemiakrita:

When I'm not hating that I have to eat AGAIN and find something that I really love, it really is like the best thing that ever happened to me.  This will sound horrible to many (including my husband) but I love getting mashed potatoes and wedges from KFC.  I dip the wedges in the mashed potatoes and gravy and devour.  It's really quite amazing.  My husband finds it horrifying.  haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"