Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

would you be worried?

when i picked my LO up from DC yesterday, he had about 6 "bites" on the side of his face up to his scalp. they appear to be possible mosquito or maybe spider bites. He has about 4 more on his arm and one or two on his leg. I'd say they are about dime size. The strange thing is that his teacher didn't notice any bugs outside and the other kids don't have any. Today he has had some diahrrea and his eye on that side of his face has been a little gunky. Any thoughts about whether this is worth a trip to the dr? I don't want to be the mom who takes her kid to the dr for bug bites, ha, but i find it strange that none of the other kids have any bites and he has so many. thanks for any help.

Re: would you be worried?

• I would probably give benadryl and keep an eye on it for a bit. If they don't get better, I'd put in a call to your pedi and see what they think.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • kmc424kmc424 member
    does your pedi have a nurse line? i've called about a bite (on his face that swelled up huge) and they can tell you what a spider bite looks like vs mosquito. otherwise the dr said if the bite is red and warm to the touch it should be looked at b/c it could develop into an infection.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call in the morning :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • imagerosesandpeonies:
    I would call in the morning :)

Me too. I'd rathe robe 'that mom' than let it go 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRachieTK:

imagerosesandpeonies:
    I would call in the morning :)

Me too. I'd rathe robe 'that mom' than let it go 

I agree, maybe call the nurse line and talk to someone.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"