February 2012 Moms

Recommend your sippy cup

I keep seeing all of these pics of February babies with sippy cups! Link to the one you like/recommend if possible.

And I'm jealous of all of these babies sitting up and crawling! Any pointers to help get her to sit up, besides just putting her in the position and watching her fall over again and again? (I have a Bumbo chair but we don't use this very often.)

Re: Recommend your sippy cup

• We have this one... You can squeeze the cup to send water up the straw to help your LO learn how to suck!  We love it! 

https://www.amazon.com/Playtex-First-Gripper-Trainer-Colors/dp/B004E2H3PA/ref=sr_1_8?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1343783412&sr=1-8&keywords=playtex+sippy+cups

11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • I think the Bumbo helps, so I'd use that more. Addy's able to sit up by herself now for short periods, probably around a minute or two max before she falls to the side. I made the mistake of trying to take a pic of her doing it today because I realized I hadn't done that yet and theeeeere she went and bonked her head on the floor (thick area rug). Needless to say she wasn't too happy. I think if she hadn't spent so much time in the Bumbo she wouldn't be sitting already. I haven't done nearly as much one on one practice sitting with her vs. the Bumbo.

Sorry I don't have a sippy cup rec. We JUST tried 2 kinds out with her tonight and she didn't really "get" either one. I don't think she's ready.

PS- one of the cups was the one in the link of PP. the water didn't really squeeze into the straw well, even when we put quite a bit of water in the cup.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have nuby and nuk. She likes the nuby the best though. I noticed it seems more like a "latch" when she uses it like when she nurses so maybe that's why.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• I'm pretty ghetto...my mom saved my sippy cup from when I was a baby, and I'm going to use that once I clean it.
  • I have the Dr. Brown's ones and I like them. They really are "no spill" and it only took a couple of days for DD to figure them out and now she uses them like a champ. The handles also come off of them which I like because sometimes she is too lazy to hold it herself and it is easier for me to hold it without the handle.
  • The Playtex Little Gripper straw cup is the one many people swear by. I like it to but I also have heard good throngs about Tommee Tippy so I will try those too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're using the Avent trainer sippy cup. I personally LOVE it because my DS decided to boycott bottles a couple months back and after trying multiple different bottles I finally tried this sippy cup and he'll latch on and drink from it like he's been doing it his whole life.

I also love it because the sippy cup nipple is interchangeable with all the Avent bottles and we had Avent bottles so I only had to purchase new nipples for the bottles.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are continuing our use of Tommee Tippee products because these are what Cole loves.  We tried other bottles, and he preferred TT.  They have a series of transitional bottle/sippy cups.  While we have purchased them, we have not tried them yet, but I like all the other TT products. 

https://www.tommeetippee.us/explora_truly_spill_proof_cups.html

• We have Tommee Tippee also and dont seem to have a problem with them but i want to buy the nuk interchangeable one tonight to try it.

• imageGem17:
    The Playtex Little Gripper straw cup is the one many people swear by. I like it to but I also have heard good throngs about Tommee Tippy so I will try those too. 
    N loves her Playtex straw cup - we have no prob squeezing water up the straw, and I think we only had to do it a few times before she got it herself.

We tried the Tommee Tippee sippy first, but the spout seemed so hard, and N couldn't figure it out....

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"