2nd Trimester

Going crazy! Why do they do this to people!

We had 2 m/c after my DD and thankfully everything has been great with this preg. I had my 20 week scan and the ultra sound tech said the baby was a great baby to scan and he was very active in the scan. She said she was able to complete everything quick because he was so active and co-operative.

Today my OB office calls and says my OB is on holidays till this Thurs but he wants to see me about the ultrasound on Thurs when he is back in the office. She wasn't able to find out any info and said not to worry a lot of times its just something small.

How am I supposed to get through tonight and today with this info! I keep thinking of every little thing it could be! So upsetting! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going crazy! Why do they do this to people!

• I am so sorry that you have to go threw this. I dont understand why they would tell you something so great when the ultrasound was going on and then call you and say they didnt get anything? However try and stay positive and even though it is hard dont think about any negative thoughts. Ill be praying for you and baby and keep us updated when you find something out. Good luck!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers] BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • Thanks ladies! My OB didn;t do the scan. He said he would only call me if anything was wrong and 2 weeks had gone by, I didn't think anything of it until today
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry they are making stress so bad! Hopefully it is nothing and they just want to follow up... Bump Hugs u and baby are in my prayers!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am PgAL as well and I would definitely call and ask to speak to his nurse or demand that someone give you an idea of what is going on. My guess is that it's just routine, but I would be freaking out too.
  • imageFreyaWin2382:
    I am PgAL as well and I would definitely call and ask to speak to his nurse or demand that someone give you an idea of what is going on. My guess is that it's just routine, but I would be freaking out too.

& if they told you anything, they would be idiots. LEGALLY, no one can tell you anything except for the doctor, or with the doctor's direction (which they can't get since he's OOT). 

• imageWaitingOnTwoPinkLines:

imageFreyaWin2382:
    I am PgAL as well and I would definitely call and ask to speak to his nurse or demand that someone give you an idea of what is going on. My guess is that it's just routine, but I would be freaking out too.

& if they told you anything, they would be idiots. LEGALLY, no one can tell you anything except for the doctor, or with the doctor's direction (which they can't get since he's OOT). 

Incorrect. An RN can give you information. 

Edit: (even thought now this is beyond the scope of the thread) It is not a legal issue, but might be more of an office policy. I am an RN at a large medical center and part of my job is to answer phone calls from concerned patients. The only down side to a nurse giving you information is that they may not be able to answer more in depth questions from you, so sometimes nurses will decline to give that information---but it is not a legal issue. At the very least a RN could take your phone call and contact the on call provider to speak with you if their office policy didn't allow them to give that information.  Either way, I hope that the next day passes quickly and you get the answers that all is well OP!

• At our clinic no one, including RNs, can give test results without a provider signing off on them.  That being said, that's what on-call providers are for.  Ask to talk with the on-call doc to get the results. 
    Brought home an extra special souvenir from vacation! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"