High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD moms. what to make for dinner with ground beef?

I'm still so new to this and all I've ate for dinner so far is chicken and rice with veggies or salad. I'm still at work and DH just called and said he took out ground beef. Normally I would make tacos or spagetti. Help please. TIA

Re: GD moms. what to make for dinner with ground beef?

• Options
    How about grilling hamburgers or you could make chili.  Mmm now I am getting hungry :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have crunchy tacos with all the fixings once a week, its actually one of the "normal" meals I can handle. Taco shells are between 9-13 g carbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Meatloaf?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cait21Cait21 member
    Tacos are a GREAT option!  You can have 3-4 shells with all the fixings and still have a good read.  I have Taco Tuesday as a result!  :)  Also, I make meat sauce and throw in a veggie (like zucchini) and serve it over veggie pasta, or whole wheat pasta.  Even eating the smaller amount of pasta doesn't feel so bad with the yummy sauce and veggies!  GL!
  • Options

imageandreay82:
    We have crunchy tacos with all the fixings once a week, its actually one of the "normal" meals I can handle. Taco shells are between 9-13 g carbs.

This, tacos are probably fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

I would def do taco's... They make Carb balance tortillas that have like 3 carbs and zero sugar, or you could go with corn tortillas or whole wheat that are less carbs than flour.

I am still able to do spaghetti. I use whole wheat pasta and surprisingly there is very little sugar in the sauce we usually get from costco. I wish I would have known this with DS I craved spaghetti all the time and completely avoided.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Definitely tacos! This reminds me we haven't had tacos in several weeks. We just get big whole wheat tortillas and I have two of them, and absolutely load them with so much meat, cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream that I can't really eat them like normal tacos and I end up extremely full. I find it kind of funny to be laying on the couch an hour later, miserably full, and getting a pretty low BG reading. haha. mmm, taco night!
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options

you could do a taco salad. Also, stuffed peppers are good, just watch the sugar in the sauce (mine has brown sugar in it, but you can also try the splenda brown sugar if you're not opposed to artificial sweeteners).

You can also try spaghetti squash with meat sauce or meatballs. It has a bit of a crunchier texture than real pasta, but is good and seriously low carb. Also, dreamfields pasta isn't bad. It contains undigestible carbs that won't affect your blood glucose as much. Another thing I do as a pasta substitute is zucchini pasta. I have a small peeler that makes the zucchini into little strands (I got it at Target). You can also use a regular knife/peeler, just be careful. You boil it just like regular pasta but only for a minute. I usually make it with a nice fresh pesto and spicy chicken/turkey sausage, but I think it would be good with sauce and meat as well.

• Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    I can do tacos. Normally 3. And then just use some left over meat and veggies and make a little side dish of that if I'm still hungry
  • Options
    You could do hamburgers. I did that earlier in the week and used Deli Flats instead on a bun. It was pretty yummy! But tacos are a great option. You can also check out Diabetic Living's website.  They have some yummy looking recipes. https://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/diabetic-recipes/beef/
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"