Cloth Diapering

Bamboo vs. Micro fiber

I want to try out some new diapers/materials and was wondering what the pros and cons of bamboo and micro fiber are. So far all I've heard is that micro fiber can hold stink (not even sure if that's true). What are your preferences or experiences?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bamboo vs. Micro fiber

• Microfiber can hold stink, just like any other synthetic fiber (think about how badly polyester gym clothes can smell!). It's not something I've had to contend with, but my LO is not quite 6 months old. So far I've been plenty happy with the microfiber inserts I have, especially since it's what came with my diapers. At this point they aren't absorbent enough for overnight, so I add in hemp. I've never used bamboo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MF can hold stink and you can get compression leaks when the insert is full.  They also wear out eventually.  It's cheaper and doesn't stain as easily.

Bamboo is my favorite material (second favorite hemp).  It's thinner, more absorbent, and holds up great after years of use.  It does cost more, but it's worth it IMO.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebugandbibs:

MF can hold stink and you can get compression leaks when the insert is full.  They also wear out eventually.  It's cheaper and doesn't stain as easily.

Bamboo is my favorite material (second favorite hemp).  It's thinner, more absorbent, and holds up great after years of use.  It does cost more, but it's worth it IMO.

Ditto this exactly! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"