Multiples
Options

I think Im having contractions, should I be concerned?

In the past 2 hours, I've had 3 very noticeable contractions where my stomach gets rock hard for several minutes and then softens up. Im 28 weeks currently.. It may be totally normal.. is this worthy of a phone call to the Dr tomorrow?

It's not painful, just very tight it mybelly. Im drinking lots of water and trying to take it easy...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I think Im having contractions, should I be concerned?

• Options
    If you've been having BH contrx and these are totally different, I'd call before the morning.  I get very tight BH contrx when I walk around, take the stairs, or move too fast.  They always stop when I sit down and slow down.  If yours are just coming on by themselves and don't go away when you lay down on your side and have a drink of water, I'd definitely call sooner than later.  Better to be safe than sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told to call if I was having six contractions in an hour and they wouldn't stop with rest and water.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageerinruns:
    I was told to call if I was having six contractions in an hour and they wouldn't stop with rest and water.

This is what L&D told me after I went in for BH.  Come to find out I was drinking half the water I should be drinking.  So drink up and put your feet up :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you are concerned, call, and sooner rather than later. That is why they have people always on call.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    srbmvpsrbmvp member
    Sounds like BH, but it can't hurt to call, just to be safe. Lay down on your left side and drink more water than you think you need, and see if they let up. Otherwise, definitely call!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageerinruns:

this exactly! i just called my doc about this a few hours ago and this is what they told me.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I never had contax with any of my kiddos without being in labor-even BH so, I would probably call the doctor to ask if you need to come in or not.  There is no harm in a phone call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Totally normal. I wish I only had 3 contractions in 2 hours Stick out tongue I usually get 1-3 an hour on average. You're doing the right thing by staying as hydrated as possible although I will say hydration makes no difference for mine - I get them regardless.

If you get more than 4-6 in an hour, call your Dr.'s office and let them know. 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"