July 2012 Moms

How soon are you going back to work??

With all of my kids I have taken 12 weeks off.  With this baby I am going back to work at 5 weeks to start a new job.  It is just for general orientation and then I am hoping that they will let me wait another week or 2 before starting regular orientation.  I am feeling a bit stressed about it and just wondering what other people have done and how they have coped.  My whole leave is unpaid so it is better that I go back to work sooner than later this time but still....

Thanks Karen

Re: How soon are you going back to work??

• 10 weeks, only to take leave a week after I return.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took 10 weeks (an extra 2 weeks since I had a c-section) and then I'm returning part-time for 5 weeks. After that I'll be back full-time.
    imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • lada85lada85 member
    6 weeks..... And this is my fourth week already. Luckily my boss is phenomenal and is going to let me work from home 2 days a week for my first month back. So that really helps me feel better about leaving my little man. We also hired a nanny to come to the house and I only work 5 minutes from home so I can come and visit. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm an elementary school teacher--planning on going back the third marking period, which starts at the end of January.  We were able to save SOME money when we found out we were expecting, but we are taking out a home equity line of credit to pay for the rest. We've lived in our house for 5 years now so that worked out that we have some equity to borrow on.  So, I'll just have to suffer through February-mid June until I'm off for the summer again w/ my little man!
    imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• ViveVive member
    Possibly January maybe later... Anywhere up to June... It depends when our new clinic starts up. I get paid up (at about half my normal salary) up until mid November which is at least something.
  • I go back part-time at 12 weeks.  Out of that, about 10 weeks will be paid (although not currently because they've messed it up).  I'll owe benefits for the time I'm out unpaid and then will owe pro-rated benefits for my part-time period.

Plan to go back full-time at the new year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"