February 2012 Moms
Options

Oh BIL, I can't stand you! (vent)

DH and I have been together for 7 years, BIL and I don't have a great relationship. He's very selfish and I can't stand it. From day 1 whenever dh and I try to get together with him BIL waits to see if something else better comes up and if it doesn't he hangs out with us as a last resort. It was really important to me that dh and his brother had a good relationship bc I'm an only child and I wanted our LOs to have a good uncle. Well, since LO has been born he has only come to see LO once and that was at the hospital. Not the day he was born the day after, but whatever at least he came. He ended up coming to Easter dinner bc his gf was on a cruise (last resort) and I brought LO to see him once too. And of course whenever he is around LO he acts like he's uncle of the year. So we spoke to dh's parents about it bc it's really bother us. Dh's mom said shed talk to him and agreed it's ridiculous. So out of the blue BIL texted dh today to go to the beach on Sunday. BIL lives at the beach with his gf and it's about an hour and 15 minutes away. Which would be fine but were going to the family beach house Friday and Saturday which is an hour in the other direction. And a whole lots of beach during a heatwave for a little one. So, obviously it's out of his convienence that he wants us to go there. So dh invited BIL to our house Sunday for lunch and to hang out, he said oh sorry we can't we already had plans to go to the beach with my girlfriend's friends. Really? So along you invited us to go bc they were already your plans, not to mention his gf doesn't have the most upstanding friends. Arch, I can't stand him! Thanks vent over, so I'll be excepting applications for an aunt and uncle that want to see LO regularly and not out of their own convience. Thx sorry for any errors on the iPad!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh BIL, I can't stand you! (vent)

• Options
    Sounds a lot like my BIL. FWIW I don't think some guys/uncles get it until they can actually play with the kid. That's certainly no excuse. On a brighter note, your LO is so stinking cute!!!!
  • Options
    I'd think you're right, to make it worse his gf  has a niece and nephew and their always over there :( Makes me sad!  But Aiden is the cutest who wouldn't love him???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"