August 2012 Moms
Options

SO looking 'down there' while you push?

DH and I were watching a pretty graphic birth video today and he claims he wants a front row seat. I know it's natural and a beautiful thing, but I just don't think I want him watching! Can't he just stay up by me? Is that a horrible thing to say?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SO looking 'down there' while you push?

• Options
    I feel the same way! Luckily MH doesn't have any desire to look either - although if he did, I wouldn't stop him. I really don't think I'd care at that point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

With ds, I told DH not to look down there...

once it was happening he styaed up with me for 99% of the time.  The dr. said once or twice, "look at his hair", or "you can see his head".  DH looked quick which I didn't mind.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DF did not want to look at all. I made him watch a video and he turned green then white lol. However, when the time came he did watch the whole thing and he thought it was the coolest thing ever and wished he had a video of it. I have to admit before I was really paranoid but when the time came I didn't care who was there looking at what. I just wanted my son out of me and in my arms. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options

My DH is going to assist the doctor with delivering the baby (after the head is out)

He wants to be the first one to see what it is and announce "It's a boy/girl!"... He's so excited about it, that I wouldn't dream of taking that away from him. I'm glad he's wanting to be so involved in the birth of our baby :)

• Options
    DH and I haven't really talked about it. I always thought I wouldn't want him to look down there but now that I'm getting closer to delivering, I honestly don't care if he looks. He can decide at the time if he just wants to be up by me or if he wants to peak. His friend's have told him some pretty graphic things about their wives so I don't really think he will have a desire to look...we shall see. 
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I really don't want him to look down there, and he's not too thrilled about looking either, but I think his natural curiosity will get the better of him and he'll take a peek. I don't mind if that happens. I just know having him up by my head will help me labor much easier and he's really supportive and understands that. So I know he is going to try to stay with me as much as possible.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't know how I would feel about it, but it actually ended up being really helpful that DH was looking & telling me things like he could see the head or see that I was making progress.  He's a science/biology guy, so it didn't freak him out.  I, on the other hand, did not want to see anything... they offered me a mirror but I was like heck no.  I think I mostly had my eyes closed while pushing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH didn't want to see it and planned on staying up by my head, but once it was time to push the nurses we're like "okay you hold this leg". He ended up seeing everything! I didn't care at all at that point. 

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    With both of my girls I just left it up to DH if he wanted to look. He swore beforehand that he wanted nothing to do with seeing all of that. However, when the time came, he was so excited and he was down there saying, "I can see her! She's so close!" etc. graphic stuff easily makes him sick, and he didn't even flinch. As gross as the fluids and stuff are - it's SUCH an incredible, surreal moment that you just can't help but watch in amazement. It's honestly incredible. 

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
  • Options

My DH watched and I didn't care but I honestly didn't care about who saw what at that point.

I don't think it's a horrible thing that you don't want him to see but what's your underlying fear?  That he won't see you the same way or that he'll be grossed out or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not a horrible thing to say at all. My SO asked me where he would be standing and I told him probably somewhere in the middle; holding my hand without being right in my "area," but enough to see our LO coming out into the doctor's hands (while not watching him come directly out of me, if that makes sense). My SO doesn't have any desire to be front and center as far as watching the baby crown and what not, lol.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    imagenycteach:

My DH watched and I didn't care but I honestly didn't care about who saw what at that point.

I don't think it's a horrible thing that you don't want him to see but what's your underlying fear?  That he won't see you the same way or that he'll be grossed out or something.

Yes, that he won't see my the same way. It's shallow and completely without reason, but I can't help but feel that way. In the moment I'm sure I won't care, though. 

• Options

I felt and thought the same thing along with my DH before delivery of our first but during he was watching.  I was coherent enough to ask him if he really wanted to be down there watching and he continued to and is fine with it as of today.

He said he will watch again with this one also!  He also cut the cord for our son and plans to do same with our daughter!

I also thought if anyone else would be in there it would only be my mom but when time came I didn't care enough tokcik my sister out.  They were on the side so not in full view of everything but I'm so glad they got to experience it with me.

• Options
    imagevaleriej6:
    imagenycteach:

Yes, that he won't see my the same way. It's shallow and completely without reason, but I can't help but feel that way. In the moment I'm sure I won't care, though. 

I can understand that and I don't think it's shallow.  You don't need to make a firm decision now and if you still feel uncomfortable with it in that moment, then just ask DH to come back up by you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's horrible. I feel the same way, and so does DH haha. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to stay up by my side and hold my hand instead of a leg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was petrified of this too, but last week during my delivery, DH did it and was so glad he did. He thought it was awesome and claims he wasn't grossed out at all. I guess we will see in 6 weeks when it's "on" again if he still feels the same way. LOL
  • Options
    Mine might be too nervous, but if he wants to watch and I'm not feeling like I require him to be more eye level with me, I'd have no problem with it (I don't even know what position I'll want to be in while pushing, so this is all very up in the air). But he's kind of squeamish and may prefer to stay away. He wouldn't find it gross at all but he's the type who is genuinely scared of medical type things.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options
    I must be the minority Here because my dh will be looking when baby is born. He did with our first two am will for number three. It is an amazing experience that you will never get back. Heck when I had my first - I wanted it video tape as to this day ne'er seen a live birth....
    lolololo
  • Options
    Dh did look down there for DS's birth.  He wasn't down there the whole time, but he saw some stuff.  I could care less.  I was with my sister for her baby's birth and saw the whole thing.  Its pretty wild!

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    I don't think it's horrible. DH has already said several times, he will not be looking anywhere in that direction. He'd probably pass out lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    it doesn't bother me either way - but DH will most likely be back and forth assisting me then checking the progress, repeat.  :)
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Options
    nope not at all.  My DH can't even watch me get bloodwork done without getting lightheaded, so he will be by me.  As of right now we are going to see if he can even stay in the room.  he's so sweet, he just gets really upset!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

this is hilarious.  my DH is pretty open about checking things out down there.

i know this is tmi, but we cycle A LOT.  anyone who spends a lot of time on their bike knows all about saddle sores.  well, i get a reoccuring one down there I asked him to look at it one time because it was so painful and I wanted to know if it could be, um, emptied.  he went running to our sports closet and came out with his running headlamp so he could be better equipped for the job.  :)

he's now my regular crotch checker outer. ;)  i'm pretty sure during delivery he'll want to be down in the action.  i know if the situation was reversed i would definitely be.

• Options
    I never thought DH looked, but a couple years ago he told me he did with both the girls and it freaked him out. I was really surprised.  I kind of think it was like looking at a train wreck for him - he just had to do it, KWIM?  It doesn't bother me if he wants to.  I'd never want to see it, but if he wants that image burned into his brain, go ahead I guess!

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Options

imagenobadwriting:
    No, it's not horrible. DH will be by my side the whole time. Neither of us wants to see what is happening down there.

Same here and I have that little fear of really not wanting him to see my lady parts that way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagehooslisa:

i know this is tmi, but we cycle A LOT.  anyone who spends a lot of time on their bike knows all about saddle sores.  well, i get a reoccuring one down there I asked him to look at it one time because it was so painful and I wanted to know if it could be, um, emptied.  he went running to our sports closet and came out with his running headlamp so he could be better equipped for the job.  :)

he's now my regular crotch checker outer. ;)  i'm pretty sure during delivery he'll want to be down in the action.  i know if the situation was reversed i would definitely be.

H has done this for me as well. Glad I'm not the only one! Knowing myself I'm going to want to hear about progress so he will probably look. He's not squeamish at all. And can we say something other than "down there?"  

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    imageBaker_Bride:
    imagehooslisa:

H has done this for me as well. Glad I'm not the only one! Knowing myself I'm going to want to hear about progress so he will probably look. He's not squeamish at all. And can we say something other than "down there?"  

sure!  what else would you prefer?  hoho, vajayjay, hooha or lady bits?  ;)

• Options
    imagehooslisa:
    imageBaker_Bride:
    imagehooslisa:

One of the kids in my classroom last year called it her "front butt"  

• Options
    imagehooslisa:
    imageBaker_Bride:
    imagehooslisa:

• Options
    imageBaker_Bride:
    imagehooslisa:

haha.  that is AWESOME!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"