D.C. Area Babies

Obgyn Woodbridge area

Hi!  I just found out I'm expecting baby#2 and I need a doc locally. I really would like one that is recommended and where it won't take 2 months to get an appointment! Thanks ladies!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker www.jlsnapshots.blogspot.com

Re: Obgyn Woodbridge area

• I use Fairfax OBGYN in Woodbridge because they have privileges at INOVA Fair Oaks.  The office is kind of old but I really like the people there.  I see the midwifes and LOVE them.  I would look at the hospitals first and decide which one you want to use then pick the group that work there.  I don't want to go to Potomac Hospital for delivery so that precludes some providers in our area.  I have heard good things about Mary Washington and Prince William too.
    11/02/10- DS Born
    6/2011- DH started chemo for testicular cancer
    9/2011- Remission!!!!
    6/2012- IUI #1 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    7/2012- IUI #2 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    -changed RE-
    11/13/12- IVF #1 Bravella 225/Menopur 150/Ganarelix, triggered with Lupron. 11/27- 8R/2M + 2 mature next day/ 4 fertilized/ 2 grade III with 20% fragmentation transferred back on day 3. No frosties. BFN. Boo :(.
    Plan: New semen analysis in January and #2 IVF hopefully with fresh sample in March.
  • I actually am doing what the previous poster suggested. Find a hospital you like and then find a practice that delivers there. I scheduled appointments with Fairfax OBGYN and Physicians and Midwives (they have an office in Lake Ridge but deliver at Alexandria Inova).  I am also touring Prince William hospital and The Birthing Inn at Loudoun.  My husband didn't want me delivering at Potoma/Sentera. He's a firefighter in the county and hates that hospital...even though we have good friends who are nurses there, we didn't want to deliver there. Personal choice though. Just find what works for you. Good luck!
    Married 10/10/09. Me: 33 DH: 36. Started TTC 3/12. BFP: 7/9/12. EDD: 3/16/13. M/C @ 7wk5d. D&C: 8/2/12. Started TTC again 10/12. image
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to About Women at the hospital. They deliver at Sentera. I love my OB but I am not sure if like how I have to see all the other OBs at the clinic to get to know them incase my OB isnt on call when I go into labor.
  • Thank you ladies! i just got home from our first app at Fairfax OBGYN! One of the best doc experiences we've had! :)

Just wondering, what's wrong with Potomac/Sentara? I HATE their ER, but their NICU was amazing when we moved here and our DS had Jaundice! My grandma was also treated there before she passed and she had great doctors and nurses. Is there something i should know? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker www.jlsnapshots.blogspot.com
  • They are a community hospital, which is usually ok.  But it takes an act of God and a huge amount of time to get a couple of units of blood there.  For a normal birth its fine but I am a worst case scenario kind of person and I like the  the capabilities of the larger hospitals.  Plus they don't have a level one NICU, which again, I like to have just in case. 
    11/02/10- DS Born
    6/2011- DH started chemo for testicular cancer
    9/2011- Remission!!!!
    6/2012- IUI #1 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    7/2012- IUI #2 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    -changed RE-
    11/13/12- IVF #1 Bravella 225/Menopur 150/Ganarelix, triggered with Lupron. 11/27- 8R/2M + 2 mature next day/ 4 fertilized/ 2 grade III with 20% fragmentation transferred back on day 3. No frosties. BFN. Boo :(.
    Plan: New semen analysis in January and #2 IVF hopefully with fresh sample in March.
  • Thats good to know, I guess when I found out I was prego, I didn't think about the capabilities of the hospital. Something to keep in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"