Trouble TTC
Options

Tubal removal question and hello again!

Hey y'all! 

Sorry I have been a no show for about 2-3 months I needed a break and was/am working on getting my brokers license so have been MIA. I am getting back into TTC where I left off, which is the surgery. I have been thinking a lot about it and I was hoping y'all could maybe give me some input. Sorry to have disappeared and return with a question but I trust y'all a bunch!

I found out one tube is fully blocked and the other partially blocked before my break. I was informed by my RE that the fully blocked tube needs to be removed and the the other partially blocked was recommended I remove it to reduce the risks of a tubal pregnancy. Anyone have thoughts or experience with this? I am feeling very confused and uncertain right now and appreciate any help. I have scheduled an appointment with my RE on Monday just to follow up before scheduling the surgery. Again, thank yall very much!

*Married 12/30/2009*
*TTC since 11/2010*
*Left tube fully blocked, needs to be removed*
*Right tube partially blocked, hoping to save but may be removed as well*
*RE suspects endo*
*laparoscopy & hysteroscopy coming soon*

Re: Tubal removal question and hello again!

• Options

Hey there! My situation is not exactly like yours, but is related so I will let you know what my RE said. I lost my left tube a year ago due to a ruptured ectopic. After multiple failed IUIs after my ectopic, we decided to move forward with IVF. My current RE recommended another HSG to see what the right tube looked like prior to IVF. He said that if it was damaged, fluid filled or blocked, that my remaining tube would need to be removed prior to IVF. He stated that a blocked or damage tube can actually reduce your success rates with IVF by 20%. I was not willing to reduce my success rates so I had the HSG, luckily my test came back normal.

I would definitely follow up with your RE and make sure all your questions are answered before moving forward. I would usually go with what my RE says though. Good luck!

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience! I am going to write a list of things to talk to my RE about on Monday.

*Married 12/30/2009*
    *TTC since 11/2010*
    *Left tube fully blocked, needs to be removed*
    *Right tube partially blocked, hoping to save but may be removed as well*
    *RE suspects endo*
    *laparoscopy & hysteroscopy coming soon*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"