Military Families

Am I crazy?!?

My H has to do a home of record move. He can do it himself and the Army will pay him or he can let the military do it for him.  He has to go back to Iowa for a wedding at the end of the month. His plan was to get a U Haul and with his brother drive back to Maryland with his stuff.  I'm due Nov 10th, so at that point I would be around 30 weeks.  Am I crazy to consider flying home with him for the wedding and riding back with him in the truck?  If I ride back with him, then his brother won't come. Granted, all this depends on if I would get the okay to fly from my doctor.  I've had a pretty easy and healthy pregnancy so far. I'm not carrying big and have been comfortable and the pregnancy hasn't really kept me from doing anything physically.  I don't plan to lift anything, but just to be there with him.  Thoughts?

Re: Am I crazy?!?

• I wouldn't do it.  I've ridden in a U-Haul truck not pregnant and I wouldn't want to do it again.  Doing it at 30 weeks pregnant would be ridiculously uncomfortable.  The seats pretty much sit completely upright.  There is nothing close to being able to stretch out and relax.  I'd just let him spend that time hanging out with his brother.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:
    I wouldn't do it.  I've ridden in a U-Haul truck not pregnant and I wouldn't want to do it again.  Doing it at 30 weeks pregnant would be ridiculously uncomfortable.  The seats pretty much sit completely upright.  There is nothing close to being able to stretch out and relax.  I'd just let him spend that time hanging out with his brother.  
    I second this...flying will be uncomfortable enough, don't put yourself through the tourcher of sitting in a uhaul that whole time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice.  That's kind of what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.
  • I don't think you're crazy-- I flew at 34 weeks and spent a lot of time in a cramped car. It's up to you and your body, a flight may be uncomfortable but if you can keep it as a short flight, or one with layovers, you are much better off. And in a U-Haul, you just need to discuss the amount of break time you may need and if he can agree to it, why not enjoy a road trip before baby??
  • Why doesn't your DH change his home of record to wherever you will be living?  Then he won't have to haul everything back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"