July 2012 Moms
Options

MMR shot for Mothers????

Has anyone gotten the MMR shot while nursing?  I am supposed to start a new job and they checked my bloodwork and told me I need to have an MMR shot before I can start. Where I am confused is, I started another new on call job 2 months ago and because I was pregnant they told me I could not have the shot and they would just wait til I was done breastfeeding.  So I am confused if it is safe or not while nursing.  I realize that people get it in the hospital and they just say not to get pregnant but now I have 2 different places telling me 2 different things about breastfeeding and the shot.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks Karen

Re: MMR shot for Mothers????

• Options

I was behind on my mmr shot so they just gave it to me at the hospital like the day after I delivered and I am breastfeeding,

• Options
    I wasn't immune to rubella so they gave me the shot the day after my daughter was born and I'm breastfeeding.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same story as the prevoius posters. Had shot at hospital while bf'ing.
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"