Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Would this be a cute gift for a big brother?

Some friends of ours just had a baby yesterday.  As a gift, I'm doing their newborn portraits, but I was thinking of also doing a little something for the big brother.  He's 13 months old (Irish twins, I know!)  Anyway, he's a baby himself, so I'm sure he's not really aware of whats going on, but as a former mom to 2 under 2 myself, I remember how hard it was to feed the baby with a toddler around.  My idea was to make something called "Ben's Big Brother Box."  It would basically be a plastic shoebox full of activities and toys that he can only use when his mom needs to occupy him while she takes care of baby.  I'm also going to bake up a batch of healthy muffins that they can feed this big brother so that he has a quick easy breakfast that he can feed himself without help.  What do you think of the box idea?  Do you have any ideas of what I could put in it?  I'm thinking possibly crayons, although he might be too little for those, a board book, toy truck.... any other ideas?  I'm on a tight budget.  I might just have to go to the dollar store or even steal some of the many unused, brand new looking toys we have stocked up in our house.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would this be a cute gift for a big brother?

• I think it's a great idea, I would be thrilled to get something like that for DS.  I don't know how other LOs are with crayons but my DS is 19 months old and still often tries to eat them.  Also, how about a mini magna doodle?
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Love this idea, minus the crayons! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, love the mini magna doodle idea.  I agree with you guys, I think I'll skip the crayons.  I don't think my kids played with them the right way until they were a little older.  Plus, giving the brother a toy that he needs supervision in order to use kind of defeats the purpose.  I'd love to hear anyone else's ideas. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the idea! We have these stackable cups that DS loves. I think they were like $6. Daycare got the plastic measuring cups that stack together. I think she said they were $1 at walmart. He loves banging them together, stacking them, putting them inside eachother, putting other toys in them... He seriously plays with them more than any other toy we have. I would also put in a foam ball. DS loves balls.
  • Target has very small dolls that I think are a great idea for any older sibling. Then they can have a baby too to feed, change, etc. Also, my daughter loves measuring cups and spoons. Target's dollar spot usually has a good selection of board books and small toys. Can you tell I'm a Target-oholic? Lol it is very thoughtful of you to do this for your friend. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"