Multiples
Options

Sharing a room past 2

How long have/did your twins happily share a room?  We're hoping to stretch this out for another year or two, into toddler beds and perhaps big kid beds.  I'm wondering if I'm nuts to think this could be anything short of a nightmare once they're out of cribs (keeping those going as long as possible as well).  Does anyone have happy stories to share along these lines? 

Re: Sharing a room past 2

• Options

my boys still share a room, and probably will for the rest of their lives here- but they are same-sex.

they are both in toddler beds and pretty much never make trouble together. they do get out and make trouble independently, though! it isn't a nightmare at all. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm right there with you.  Landry and Hudson will be 2 on Friday.  We put Emerson in her big girl bed about a week after she turned two.

We will be moving back to Texas in two years.  We do have a fourth bedroom in the basement but, I'm not willing to put anyone down there.  If Landry and Hudson don't work out in the same room then, someone will go in Emerson's room.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guys are 6y and have always shared a room. The biggest issues have been them talking/laughing at bedtime and one waking the other up in the AMs. But nothing we haven't been able to work around. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ppantsppants member
    My b/g twins shared a room until they were nearly 6. They were sad and excited to get their own room. It was fun while it lasted :)
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    KMB7KMB7 member
    Ours have shared since birth. We live in a two bedroom, so it hasn't really been a possibility. We  are buying a house in a few weeks and the kids both say that they want their own rooms. DH and I are happy that they want their own. They keep each other up and wake each other up. They will be turning 4 the week we move. 
    TTC since 7/06, found out about PCOS on 8/31/06 Dec.2007~ Metformin 1500mg, prenatals, Femara 2.5mg)(cd3-7), Gonal F 100iu(cd5-?) and Ovidrel with TI. DH~ antibiotics to improve motility (cd1-10)
    Beta #1 15dpo 298, Beta #2 18dpo 1048
    Family Blog
    Infertility Blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers image
  • Options
    My triplets are 4 and still share a room, we don't plan to change it up unless/until one of them want to.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Oh mine were happily sharing a room past 2. It was DH and I that weren't happy, so we separated them at 2.5. They went nuts at bedtime, getting out of bed and playing.

LOL!  It's our happiness that's starting to dwindle here, too. 

Thanks for the replies.  That's pretty much what I thought--it might work out, it might not. I guess I'd rather tough out the rough phases (hoping they're phases) and keep the playroom in our little 3 bedroom ranch.  Maybe once the kids are big enough to go down to the basement by themselves we'll make that the playroom, but I'm hoping to be out of this house by then.  Fingers crossed for things to go as planned...

• Options
    Mine just turned 4 and still share a room. I expect them to share a room for many years and only if they ask to have seperate rooms will we seperate them. We moved them to toddler beds at 2 1/2 and they were fine at bedtime, but naps went bye bye. Mainly because they would just run around the room tearing it apart and laughing. But after a couple of days I preferred the no nap because they went back to a bedtime of 8pm. When they were napping they didn't want to go to sleep until 10pm. We moved them into a new (bigger room) when we put them in big kids twin beds. They have done fine and I am even able to get them to nap if we have a family event planned for that evening and they need to be up later. It can be done, but you may find for your family it works better to seperate.
  • Options
    Our singletons are 5yrs apart, and they still share a room. We got them bunkbeds a few years back, to save space... but they will probably continue to share a room for as long as we are in our current apartment. It will depend on the genders of our twins, but if they're the same, they'll be sharing a room at least until they are about ten when their oldest sister moves out. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    My boys are just a few months older than yours, but they still share a room and will for years (we only have a 3 BR).  There's some bickering at times (or 1 will hit the other) but for the most part it's worked great.  We just transitioned them to big boy beds this weekend and so far so good.
  • Options

We have been wondering the same thing and have just decided to separate them for awhile for now. They have happily shared a room for 2 yrs. now but neither one will stay in bed or in their room while together but they will when separate. We also had to start putting one in my daughter's room in a pack n play for naps or they would play all afternoon with no naps. Now, separate they will lie right down and go right to sleep for about 3 hrs. It's worth it to get them to bed easily rather than hours of fighting them. They can move back in together when they adjust in a few years. I feel like all my kids follow direction more easily alone without their siblings' influence but when they are both 2 and there isn't an older child to set an example, or to reason with, it becomes even harder! Good luck

Caroline Faith 1.10.06, Audrey Alexis 11.1.07, Noah James & Ethan Alexander 6.17.10
  • Options
    Plenty of siblings share rooms so it's certainly possible ... even if it might be more difficult. ;) My boys are still sharing at 3.5. We actually just recently converted to toddler beds (yes, it took this long for one of them to climb out! And they'd been telling me for months that they didn't want beds; they liked their cribs) and it has been tougher since then but not THAT bad, and I think they'd really miss each other if we split them up. We're in a 2BR so that's not an option anyway; we make it work, even if they do keep each other up very late some nights.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"