Pregnant after a Loss

Silly baby monitor question - don't laugh, k?

Ok. So don't laugh at me too hard, k? I have a feeling the answer is obvious - but my pg brain is missing it. 

Where to do put the camera/pod? I don't want anything over the crib as we live in California and I grew up with earthquakes (7.1 was 16 miles from our house!). I don't have any real furniture on the same wall as the crib - so I am lost to where the camera is mounted.

Help? 

Re: Silly baby monitor question - don't laugh, k?

• They can be mounted on the wall.  This is what my sister did, and what I plan on doing.  Definately not a silly question, especially in earthquake territory.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• We put ours on the window sill next to the crib. It's about 2 feet away from the crib and elevated so we can see in. You could also put a little wood shelf up on the wall and put the camera on it. 
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
  • Loading the player...
  • If there's a chest not too far from the crib you can set it on there. We have a wall shelf to the side of the crib and put it on there angled down towards the crib.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• We have that exact same monitor. Ours is mounted in the corner of her room, up high. Technically you should have the monitor and cord at least two feet away from the reach of your child they say...so even if there was an earthquake, it wouldn't fall on her.  Additionally, we have the wire hiders that hold the wire flush against the wall so that she can't reach it. I will PIP for you if you want me too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've always seen them mounted on the wall.  Usually in a corner, up pretty high.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When DS was a newborn and swaddled, I put the camera right in the corner of the crib since there was no chance he was going to move at all.  Once he started moving around I mounted it on the top corner of the crib and attached it with Velcro.  Then once he was standing and grabbing at it I moved it onto a decorative shelf above and to the left of the crib.

I liked having it right in and on the crib in the beginning so that I could really see his face to know whether he was awake or just wiggling around in his sleep.  He used to 'talk' to the camera and I swear it was his buddy.  I recorded the video on my phone one day because it was so funny to watch.

He was never in any danger with it being there because I always moved it well in advance in anticipation of his being able to get at the camera. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey E! This is the same monitor we have for J. I have it on his dresser, but was thinking about mounting a shelf somewhere (not over the crib) and putting it on that
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"