Stay at Home Moms

I just finished the BEST book

Picked up "The Playdate" at Costco over the weekend, it's a thriller about a playdate gone awry.  I bought it because there was a little blurb on the back by the author of "The Wrong Mother" which I also enjoyed very much.

Started reading it Sunday afternoon, and stayed up until midnight Monday night to finish it!  This book is FABULOUS.  Great characters, lots of surprising twists, and an excellent plot.  Brings up a lot of questions about who you trust with your kids, for sure!  I can't wait to talk about this book...

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/381032253

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I just finished the BEST book

• Does it have to do w/ child abuse, abduction or anything similar?
  • imageKaiterz:
    Does it have to do w/ child abuse, abduction or anything similar?

Lol, this is basically how I make my husband screen books, movies, and tv shows for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageKaiterz:

Lol, this is basically how I make my husband screen books, movies, and tv shows for me. 

I just can't stomach that stuff anymore!

• imageKaiterz:
    imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageKaiterz:

I am the exact same way.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKaiterz:
    nope! There's no violence at all, nothing gruesome, etc. It's a psychological thriller about 2 adult women, they are neighbors and best friends, and they both keep secrets from each other. It's really a fantastic book!
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    imageKaiterz:
    nope! There's no violence at all, nothing gruesome, etc. It's a psychological thriller about 2 adult women, they are neighbors and best friends, and they both keep secrets from each other. It's really a fantastic book!

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

• imagetoadstool:
    imageKaiterz:
    imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageKaiterz:

I am the exact same way.

Same here. PPD/PPA has given me some totally crazy irrational paranoid fears. They've subsided quite a bit since DS was a newborn but if my imagination gets going....

I can't handle that shiz.

• Oh, yea! I will add it to my list.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • imageQue_Syrah:
    imagetoadstool:
    imageKaiterz:
    imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageKaiterz:

I am the exact same way.

Same here. PPD/PPA has given me some totally crazy irrational paranoid fears. They've subsided quite a bit since DS was a newborn but if my imagination gets going....

I can barely even watch Law and Order anymore, anything to do with kids just makes me want to vomit!

• imageThe_Jen626:
    imageQue_Syrah:
    imagetoadstool:
    imageKaiterz:
    imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageKaiterz:

I am the exact same way.

I can barely even watch Law and Order anymore, anything to do with kids just makes me want to vomit!

Oh, totally. I used to love SVU. I never noticed before how many episodes involved kid crimes =(

• imageCnAmom:
    Interesting. I recently watched a Lifetime movie with the same title.

Huh.  I'm a Lifetime Addict...I wonder if it was the same story?  But I don't want to spoil the book...?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"