December 2010 Moms
Options

coughing while teething?

A has been a total pill today: refusing to nap, whining, not eating, etc.  After some observation, I think it's a tooth...his upper right molar seems to be just poking through and his gum does seem a little swollen around it (I can't totally tell because he bites me when I put my finger in there).  He is drooling like a maniac.

But I noticed that he also has a runny nose and a cough.  We've gotten a runny nose before when getting a tooth, but never a cough.  Could it be because of extra drool/post nasal drip from the tooth? Have your LO's ever had this? Or is this a cold that I am writing off as a tooth?

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: coughing while teething?

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member

Could be either (or both, yikes!) right?  I saw your post subject earlier but didn't have time to read until now.  However, C is teething on his bottom canines right now. It's horrible!  Yesterday, he got "melancholy" on his daily sheet from DC and today was "sad at time".  DH said he was holding out for "fussy face" tomorrow....

Anyway, he started coughing randomly tonight too!  So, maybe there's definitely something to it.  I would imagine all of the drool could cause the cough.  Either way, I really hope A and C are both feeling better soon! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

P gets that way.  I think part of the extra cranky is not sleeping as soundly from the pain, as well as the pain/discomfort during the day. 

Hope that darn tooth pops through already!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"