November 2011 Moms

WWYD?

So DH told me that the other day our neighbor, who has an end-unit townhome, let her 2 year old son play in their back yard in a toy pool with rain boots on and NOTHING else. Their house is right next to the parking lot and you can see every bit of their back yard. Now if this were adult, they would get arrested and I also would have no problem telling them to put some clothes on. Since it's a child, do the same rules apply? Are you then seen as harping on someone's parenting skills? WWYD?

I also might add that there used to be a registered sex offender living in the next neighborhood over. (However, the town just built a school less than a mile away so if the offender was obeying the rules, they would have moved by now.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• I don't have any problem with a two year old being naked, especially in the parents yard. But I think I would make it a point to inform the parents of the sex offender, just in case they don't already know.
  • I don't think it's appropriate if the yard is so exposed and it would worry me a lot that some disgusting creep might see him alone in the backyard and snatch him up but I really don't think I'd have done anything about it unless it was happening often. Though he shouldn't have been unsupervised, especially if the pool had water in it, maybe he had taken his clothing off without his parents noticing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A 2 year old?  Why teach them so young to be ashamed of their body?  Let them run around and have fun, naked or not!
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:
    I don't have any problem with a two year old being naked, especially in the parents yard. But I think I would make it a point to inform the parents of the sex offender, just in case they don't already know.
    This.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemabenner1:
    A 2 year old?  Why teach them so young to be ashamed of their body?  Let them run around and have fun, naked or not!

I don't have a problem with that. But I have a problem with a parent letting their child do it where the whole neighborhood could see it. Plus, you never know what creep might be watching and taking pics. This woman is famous for letting her kid outside without the appropriate clothing.

• imagesccalla:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:
    I don't have any problem with a two year old being naked, especially in the parents yard. But I think I would make it a point to inform the parents of the sex offender, just in case they don't already know.
    This.

I agree. NMS to let LO run around naked in full view of the neighborhood, but I don't think it is totally horrible.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRedCamaro:

imagemabenner1:
    A 2 year old?  Why teach them so young to be ashamed of their body?  Let them run around and have fun, naked or not!

I don't have a problem with that. But I have a problem with a parent letting their child do it where the whole neighborhood could see it. Plus, you never know what creep might be watching and taking pics. This woman is famous for letting her kid outside without the appropriate clothing.

I was born and raised in Peru where kids do this often. So I don't see a problem, would I let my kid do it, NO because we live in a society that isn't used to that. But if true about the inappropriate clothing, there may be more to it than that and I'd be conserved with other happenings. And prob call CPS, like leaving him unattended with a pool  

• imageRedCamaro:

imagemabenner1:

There are creeps out there that get off on taking pictures of kids with their clothes on, so let's not go the pervert route. There's always been perverts, and there always will be perverts, unfortunately. Nudity is the least of my concerns in raising my son.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"