Trouble TTC

Miscarriage today

This is my second miscarriage. I miscarried in January as well. My doctor said it is normal because it was kinda early. However i have PCOS and no one believed me and would not test me for months so i really dont want to go through that again. I am hopimg my doctor will agree to test me because i really dont want to go through another miscarriage before figuring it out. I hate intertility. It sucks!!!!!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Miscarriage today

• I am so sorry, positive thoughts your way.
    TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog
  • I'm really sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • i saw that you have PCOS why are you chosing IUI over trying naturally. I am not saying anything negative i just see a lot of IUI and IVF with people with PCOS and i dont know why they are doing that. My impression of PCOS is that with medication you can fix it but im getting discouraged seeing all this
  • I'm very sorry for your losses.

PCOS is not an infertility diagnosis. It does not cause miscarriages. PCOS sometimes causes infertility by causing annovulation, but since you are ovulating, that is not the case. Most doctors also consider 3 losses to be repeated losses and will not do testing before then. 1-2 losses (especially early ones) could just be a fluke as c/ps and miscarriages are very common.

Good luck to you! 

Photobucket
  • I'm so sorry. *hugs*
  • IF does suck.

So sorry to hear about your loss.   

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • So sorry :( 

• maggie2324.

Thank you. I feel a little better. After the miscarriage in January i began not having a period and did not get one again until June. so i guess thats why i think its fertility issue. Because it gave me such issues :) My doctor has high hopes and i am hoping to fix whatever the problem is quickly. I know its cheesy but the clearblue commercial where they say "Once you know you want to become pregnant 9 months is long enough to wait" is the most true sentence ever!!!!!

• I'm so sorry.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• imagemiguelandkayla09:

maggie2324.

Thank you. I feel a little better. After the miscarriage in January i began not having a period and did not get one again until June. so i guess thats why i think its fertility issue. Because it gave me such issues :) My doctor has high hopes and i am hoping to fix whatever the problem is quickly. I know its cheesy but the clearblue commercial where they say "Once you know you want to become pregnant 9 months is long enough to wait" is the most true sentence ever!!!!!

With your January miscarriage, did you have a D&C? Were your HCG levels monitored to see when they went to zero? If you were having regular periods before, then I'd think that the miscarriage is what caused the lack of periods, not PCOS.

If the PCOS is causing annovulation, then yes, you need to get that checked out. To answer your earlier question, many annovulatory women do IUIs to better their chances since their cycles have to be medicated for ovulation to occur. They may have also tried medicated TI cycles before moving to IUI. If IUI doesn't work, then IVF is usually suggested. So yes, women with PCOS regularly seek IUI/IVF when less invasive treatments fail. 

Metaformin is the medication that you are thinking of that is prescribed to PCOS patients. The thing is, PCOS can come with or without insulin resistance. Metaformin reduces insulin levels, which sometimes is what the ovaries need to work like they should.

Good luck!  

Photobucket
  • I am so sorry for your loss, it sucks:(
  • I'm really sorry for you loss.
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I am sorry for you are having to go through this painful time again, sending my best to you.
    TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
  • I'm sorry.
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• I am so sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is aweful and completely unfair. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • imagemaggie2324:

I'm very sorry for your losses.

PCOS is not an infertility diagnosis. It does not cause miscarriages. PCOS sometimes causes infertility by causing annovulation, but since you are ovulating, that is not the case.  

Say what?  PCOS is an infertility diagnosis.  And having it does put women at increased risk for miscarriage.                                                                                  To the OP - I am so sorry for your loss!! 
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"