TTC after 35

No testing recommended for Chemical P.s

I called this week and asked the RN if we needed any additional testing because of the chemical pregnancies, she called back and said RE feels they're likely due to chromosmal issues and two in a row doesn't make it any more likely that I'll have another one and he feels we've covered our bases with the testing already.

I had also mentioned we're putting off IVF until Oct, she said my RE is more than happy to keep doing the IUI cycles until then,  I wonder if it's just my imagination but sometimes I feel like I'm getting the hard sell from them. I told her because of my travel schedule, I'm going to decline for now. But I have to admit it's hard to say no.

My AF is almost done, so on to the next cycle. I'm feeling slightly renewed that DH and I pulled of a bfp on our own during a really wacky cycle. I'm hoping we can pull a repeat performance, except for the chemical part..

nate and teddy
Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No testing recommended for Chemical P.s

• I think you have good reason to be hopeful!  The fact that you can conceive means  you've already won at least half the battle.  I also thought the advice from your RE was reassuring.  Good luck this cycle!  I'm right there with you, on CD5 today and AF is drying up.

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Have you ever had the "repeated loss panel" tests done? If not, you might try asking for them specifically. You and your DH are clearly fertile, as in can get the sperm to fertilize the egg, but I'd be beginning to wonder if something else is going on with these repeated C/Ps.

Yay for being optimistic! FWIW, I think you have reason to be. 

• Loading the player...
  • Yup had the RPL done twice, my Primary care and my Re both tested me! And karotyping testing done and everything has been  normal... there's really isn't much more to test after that unfortunately...
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

• Hmmm...maybe it is just bad luck.  It is still heartbreaking and exhausting, I would imagine.  Hang in there, hon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageowlprof:
    Hmmm...maybe it is just bad luck.  It is still heartbreaking and exhausting, I would imagine.  Hang in there, hon!
    This

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I had a chemical pregnancy on my first IVF and got pregnant on the second and have a beautiful 18 month old. We did 3 IUIs and they wanted to do 5 but we declined. They felt like a waste of our money becaus they weren't successful. My doctor told me that a chemical pregnancy is the best kind of miscarriage to have and that sometimes it is just your body learning how to do things. Best wishes for a BFP before you start IVF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"