Adoption

Kind of OT: Olympics

IRRIRR member
Any one watching?  What has been your favorite so far?  I love the gymnastics, but the swimming, water polo and volleyball have all caught my attention as well.  Did anyone notice that one of the men on the gymnastic team was clearly adopted?  So cool to see.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

Re: Kind of OT: Olympics

• I love gymnastics. I accidentally found out who wins the women's team tonight. I am bummed !  Swimming is great. I have watched a ton of the swimming which is always awesome.

I did try and see if John Orozco is adopted and I could not find any legit information about his story. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageFoster1Mom:

I did try and see if John Orozco is adopted and I could not find any legit information about his story. 

Me too! My initial thought was adoption, but the articles I read left me with the impression that he is not an adoptee. He is one heck of an athlete though!! I love gymnastics and swimming. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been watching olympic action all night really. I was able to see the female team round of gymnastics. The fab five were wonderful as expected. I was super excited to see Canada come in 4th (it's kind of a big deal for us).

The CTV coverage (it's Canadian) has not been the greatest but at least they showed me the events that we won medals in tonight (which is 3 today). I really liked watching the synchro diving.

• I read "born...to" and that's why I figured he was not adopted, but I was interested enough to look into it as well, but idk how well he was researched for this article. 

Orozco was born December 30, 1992, in New York City, New York, to Puerto Rican parents, William and Damaris. His father worked for the New York City Department of Sanitation for 24 years until he was forced to retire after suffering a stroke. His mother, a homemaker, drove him to and from practices 30 miles away from his childhood home in the Bronx to his gym in Chappaqua, while he was growing up.

He is the youngest of five children. His brothers Erik, Manny, and Jason all teach recreational gymnastics."

https://www.blacksportsthemagazine.com/Magazines/July12.pdf

• IRRIRR member

My bad perhaps he is just from a bi-racial family.  Still fun to watch.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• My husband said it is because we all have adoption on the brain. Lol

I know I automatically think it often. Maybe he is and just wants to keep it private? Who knows, but with all of the Internet buzz it generated, we def weren't the only ones who made that assumption. 

• imageIRR:
    Any one watching?  What has been your favorite so far?  I love the gymnastics, but the swimming, water polo and volleyball have all caught my attention as well.  Did anyone notice that one of the men on the gymnastic team was clearly adopted?  So cool to see.

We are a swim team family.. so swimming is my fav.  Those young girls, still in high school! They are so talented!  My brother went to nationals in swimming for butterfly and one of his friends from the H.S. team qualified for the Olympic trials. I love the summer Olympics.

BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • If you want an Olympic adoption story...  Reese Hoffa is from my town and competing in Shot put, I know his father-in-law.  Not sure when his sport will be airing yet, but he was definitely adopted and has a wonderful story.  Google his name and you will find an article about him, his adoption story, and how he is now competing in his third Olympics.  Go Reese!
    TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Be JOYFUL in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"