Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

LO doing alot of cruising, pulling up, crawling, etc. Baby shoes?

I got an update from the Bump that mentioned baby shoes and just wondering what kind to get.  LO does alot of pulling up & standing, and when he's in the jumper he really goes crazy so we want to protect his feet.  Any recommendations?

(Same birthday, 2 years apart!)

Re: LO doing alot of cruising, pulling up, crawling, etc. Baby shoes?

• Options

I was thinking of something like these, maybe something like these, soft shoes that also have soles that won't be too slippery... 

https://www.zappos.com/robeez-surfer-dude-monkey-soft-soles-infant-toddler-light-blue-leather#prdInfo

Also, what's the usual size for a 9 mo?  I guess I just measure his feet in inches and then go by that..

• Options

We have a pair of robbeez.  We just got the 6-12 (or was it 9-12 mos?) size. 

Let me add that you want shoes that are soft so they can still feel the ground a bit.  We only have DS wear the shoes if we're going outdoors.  I much prefer he go barefoot as often as possible so he can feel the contours and textures of the ground with his feet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

What are you trying to protect his feet from?  DD doesn't use the jumper any more but she never injured her feet while in it.  Of course, I do vacuum the floor.  Same with crawling & cruising.  There's no way for her to hurt her feet.

If you absolutely must get shoes, definitely get soft soled ones.  You want LO to be able to feel the floor and develop those foot muscles.  Kids will spend the rest of their life wearing shoes, I let it go for now.

As far as why shoes,  I guess I just felt like since he's so active now, standing, pulling up, cruising alot, etc. I thought it would be good to protect his feet, especially while jumping,  He always seems to have little bits of stuff stuck to his feet,  and they're sweaty and sticky after a day of crawling around at DC so I thought maybe some soft shoes would be good.  Plus, he wears just socks sometimes, so it seems like soft shoes would be only slightly firmer. 

I guess the foot control & muscles thing hadn't occurred to me but yes I can see how that would be more important by contrast.   See, this is why I'm so glad I ask these questions!  : )  So when DO you put them in shoes, once they're actually trying to walk?  

• Options
    My pedi said no shoes as much as possible until she learns to walk well. She said it helps their ankle strength and muscles. This is a good thing because DD hated anything on her feet. I can't wait till winter... Should be interesting! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My DS is crawling all over the place and pulling to a stand.  Our daycare requested that we get shoes on him, although they acknowledged that you're supposed to let them be barefoot as much as possible.  I just bought my DS a pair of 6-12 month Robeez, which are really flexible and soft.  Because he has been barefoot since May, I really just wanted him to get used to having something on his feet again.  He was definitely suspicious the first time I put them on him!
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    I only put actual shoes on her when we are in public. They are really soft flat type shoes. When we are at home, she wears socks with the skids on the bottom. This protects her toes when she's crawling.
  • Options
    I just got Bobux, soft-soled leather shoes, for my boys who are crawling and pulling up.  They go barefoot at home, daycare requested socks but they go outside and I didn't want filthy socks.  They are pretty inexpensive at Target, maybe $15 a pair?  I measured my boys' feet and then measured the shoes when I went to make sure they would be big enough.
    Married May 9, 2009, Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee Male factor infertility, BFP after two failed IUIs and one IVF image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Everything I have read states to wait as long as possible before shoes unless you are outside. :) My LO is walking well and we still don't use shoes :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"