March 2013 Moms
Options

A little nervous...

Hi, I'm new to the site and have really enjoyed reading everyone's pregnancy news! I have my first appointment in about a week but am really nervous that something will be wrong. This is my first pregnancy so I just don't know what to except. Several of my friends that are pregnant are experiencing a lot of morning sickness and other symptoms where I haven't. I know I should be glad but I feel like it's not real yet. I have a bit of a queasy stomach, tender breasts, and more tired than usual (but not exhausted).... My DH thinks I'm being just paranoid about nothing.  It took us a few months of trying to get pregnant so I'm afraid to let myself get too excited. Is anyone else feeling paranoid?! Is this usual?

Re: A little nervous...

• Options
    Paranoia is par for the course.  All of us are painfully aware about the risks--esp. in 1st T--and we all want our LO's to be healthy and make it full term.  For now, just focus on the excitement of being pregnant, and try not to focus on the what ifs.  Hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Your feelings are totally normal.  I think everyone gets a little nervous that something will go wrong.  This is my second pregnancy.  With my first I had virtually no morning sickness the entire time.  Not everyone feels sick.  Some pregnancies can be completely symptomless.  This go 'round I'm having even fewer symptoms than last time...so far...and even though the rational part of my brain is telling me that can be normal, I am still nervous.  Once you get through that first appt. and see/hear a heartbeat you'll feel a lot better.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My morning sickness was the reason I took a pregnancy test...I was so sick and nausated and couldn't figure out why...about a week after it slacked off a tiny bit to where I started to worry but I noticed in the past week and a half that it is coming back on just as strong...tender breast turned into really sore and I am really tired when I get off work..more so then I was at first...

Good Luck and try to enjoy...I pray you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JGYJGY member

Totally normal to be stressed and worried.  When I saw the image of my baby's beating heart on the ultrasound, I cried instantly.  The nurse assumed it was joy, and there was definitely some of that, but mostly it was relief!  I had pretty much convinced myself that there was nothing in there (for no good reason).  

You will definitely feel better after your first appointment.  Good luck!  

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options

I felt (and still kinda feel) the same way!  It's hard to feel pregnant when you feel totally normal.  I saw my baby and heartbeat last week and still can't believe I'm *actually* pregnant.

My doctor said the only reason you never hear about women feeling completely normal in pregnancy is because all the other women tell her to shut up!  I thought it was pretty funny, haha.

Easier said than done, but try to just enjoy yourself :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"