LGBT Parenting
Options

Decisions decisions

So, we had a follow up/next steps appointment with the RE last week and basically her recommendation was IVF.  She also increased my Metformin dose and most surprisingly wanted me to get tested for Celiac disease.  I don't have any of the symptoms, but appparently it's possible to have it without symptoms.  I think the potential of having Celiac disease might scare me more than the potential of needing IVF. 

Interestingly, the RE didn't have much good to say about injectible IUI cycles, which I had thought would be her next recommendation.  Basically her only reason for us to do an injectible IUI cycle was if it was financially better for us than IVF.  We're still trying to figure out the financial angle....

We also have a lot of timing issues, with two big family events next summer that having a due date near would cause a ton of stress and difficulty.  I'm running all kinds of crazy fantasy dates and hitting barriers everywhere I turn with the holidays and these family events and it's really frustrating. 

I still have my fingers crossed for this cycle, but I don't know how the heck we're going to choose what to do next if we get a BFN..... 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
IVF Oct/Nov 2012
Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
Cautiously optimistic.

Re: Decisions decisions

• Options
    I am sorry this is so difficult. I have my fingers crossed you get a BFP SOON!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I just wanna say that there's never a good time to do it.  We debated dates and times back and forth because of graduation, holidays, job promotions, etc.  It eventually comes down to the fact that there's not really ever a slow time in life, or an "ideal" time to have kids.  There will always be a reason to put it off.  I know it's not any easy decision, especially with the money (we paid $9k out of pocket), but just wanted to toss that out there.

Either way, I hope that you get your BFP soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aww HUG ... HUG HUG ...

Hoping for a BFP for you !!!! !!!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

My partner has a lot of risk factor for (and symptoms of) Celiac Disease, so at the doctor's recommendation, we've cut out all gluten.  It's been a lot easier than I anticipated, but part of that is living in a big city and having access to a lot of GF products, restaurant offerings, etc.

One of the most basic problems with Celiac is that it seriously inhibits your ability to absorb nutrients, which can make conception, implantation, and carrying a pregnancy difficult.  You can take all of the vitamins (and eat all of the fruits and veggies) that you can hold, but if you have Celiac, it just passes right through you without giving you any benefit.

It might be worth trying for a few cycles.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    imageTaylorandMel:

I just wanna say that there's never a good time to do it.  We debated dates and times back and forth because of graduation, holidays, job promotions, etc.  It eventually comes down to the fact that there's not really ever a slow time in life, or an "ideal" time to have kids.  There will always be a reason to put it off.  I know it's not any easy decision, especially with the money (we paid $9k out of pocket), but just wanted to toss that out there.

Either way, I hope that you get your BFP soon.

Realistic advice of course, but I just want to yell at the universe because there *is* an ideal time - if we are pregnant now or had been sticky pregnant in any of the last 9 cycles (which is a year for me) it wouldn't have interfered with ANYTHING important.  NOTHING.   But I guess there's no use sitting home and crying over the past, even though it's really tempting.  Thanks for the good wishes. 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imagemypalbabs:

My partner has a lot of risk factor for (and symptoms of) Celiac Disease, so at the doctor's recommendation, we've cut out all gluten.  It's been a lot easier than I anticipated, but part of that is living in a big city and having access to a lot of GF products, restaurant offerings, etc.

It might be worth trying for a few cycles.

I live in a major city so there's no concern about access to GF products or restaurants.  The concern is that I have struggled so incredibly much to just get myself to eat a bit healthier and try to reduce my calories for weight loss; the idea of restricting myself from eating my favorite foods sounds impossible.  We shall see.

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add to what T said, our babies were born almost 2 months early.  We would have preferred them to be born neat their due date, but the babies had different plans.   Just something to keep in the back of your mind.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm really sorry you're facing these hard decisions. This process never seems to be easy or follow a good time schedule. I so hear you on both of those points. I have no sage wisdom, but I do have good thoughts for you and something falling into place very soon!
    IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
    FET #1 - BFFN
    FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
    FET #3 - No shock...BFN
    FET #4 - BFN :-(
    Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
    7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sending you lots of hugs and hoping this cycle will be the one!

• Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member
    Sending you super positive vibes for this cycle so you don't even have to worry about making a decision. I hear you on deadline pressures. This process is so crazily random. And randomly crazy. Oy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"