Parenting
Options

Car Seat Placement

We bought a new car about a week ago.  My old car was 10 years old and not able to do a middle seat latch so we had no choice but to put her infant seat base and then her convertible seat on the side seats instead of the middle.  H installed her seat in the new car in the middle, and I've been driving with it like that for a few days now.  Even though it is supposed to be slightly safer than the side seats, I don't like it at all.  I can't see her (the side seats allowed me to put a mirror on the head rest), she has less leg room because the middle seat doesn't bow back like a side seat, climbing all the way in to get her buckled is taking me much longer than before, and I also can't see out of my back window very well.  Should I put the seat back on the sides or suck it up and keep it in the middle?  I need to decide by Friday because we are going to the fire department to double check the install job H did or they could move it over correctly for me too. BTW, this is all for a RF seat.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car Seat Placement

• Options
    I'd put her on the side if you can't see out your back window very well.  The middle is safer, but the sides are still safe as well.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    imageScout2005:

The middle is safer, but really by a negligible margin.

It's more important that you can operate the car safely, and access the seats properly. As long as your seats are installed properly, and being used correctly, you're fine on the side seats. 

That's what we were told at Highway Safety when they checked our install. To put her RFing in the middle in either her infant or convertible seat meant that the driver's side seat was waaaaay too far forward. The baby needs to be safe, but so does the driver! DD's seat has always been behind the passenger seat and will stay there until DS is born in December,  at which point she'll move behind the driver FFing.

I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"