2nd Trimester
Options

easy wrap for short/petite frame

I just don't know if I would like the moby or any other wrap with just one long piece of fabric. No matter how many demos I watch, the wraps like that still intimidate me.

So I am looking for something more along the lines of a k'tan. According to the k'tan sizing on their website, I would be an xs. However, I see some complaints online that k'tan runs a bit large and to get a size smaller than what you would think you'd need...with xs being their smallest size, I don't have another option if that doesn't fit snug on me.

Wondering if anyone can let me know how they liked their k'tan and how well it fit / how secure they felt baby was. Or if you have any other recommendations for an "easy" wrap for a short/petite frame, I'd love to hear it!

FWIW, my main concerns are something for me to wear (doesn't need to fit DH also) during the first few months with a newborn (I'll have something else for a bigger/older baby).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: easy wrap for short/petite frame

• Options

I don't know anything about the k'tan, but I personally LOVE my Moby. We have a specialty baby store here in our town that sells them and the salesperson helped me to wrap it multiple times before I left the store because I was terrified I wouldn't do it right. 

I also let my BF and my neighbor borrow mine (even let my BF borrow my son while she was wearing it) to see if it worked well for each of them before they made the purchase, in case they didn't like it.

Do you have any stores nearby that would let you try out a wrap system before purchase, or have any friends that might let you give theirs a try?

Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • Options
    I have an ERGO and a baby k'tan in xs. The k'tan was GREAT, especially for a newborn. I'm 5ft 2in and 90lbs. It'll get a little looser as you use it a few times, all you have to do is wash and dry it and it's snug again. I look forward to using it again with this next baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSamanthaG+3:
    I have an ERGO and a baby k'tan in xs. The k'tan was GREAT, especially for a newborn. I'm 5ft 2in and 90lbs. It'll get a little looser as you use it a few times, all you have to do is wash and dry it and it's snug again. I look forward to using it again with this next baby.

Thanks! That helps to know! I'm 5'2" also and 98 lbs, so if you found the xs a good fit, hopefully I will too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"