1st Trimester

MS out of no where..before I even get out of bed ???

I'm six weeks and thought I was so lucky so far that I had no ms.  Two days ina  row now i'm about to throw up before I even open my eyes.  This literally came out of no where.  Sunday not even the slightest bit nauseous- Mon it hit me all of a sudden.  Is that normal?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MS out of no where..before I even get out of bed ???

• Yep, this is normal.  My m/s hit me like a ton of bricks over night. 

Try having a snack (crackers, a granola bar, pretzels) on your nightstand and nibble it before you get out of bed.  The first week I had m/s I didn't want to eat and I didn't, but I found that the m/s got much much worse if I didn't eat.  I finally made myself eat a plate of plain pasta and I felt much better.  So once I got my mind around nursing m/s the way I would a hangover, I did much better. 

Not having a completely empty stomach really helps.  Hang in there and try different foods to help combat the m/s.  Capri Suns were my best friends.

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh definately! Welcome to the most difficult part of the first 12 weeks :) I get waves of nausea too while still in bed, and having a container of saltines bedside helps a little. Congrats on your pregnancy, I hope the nausea doesn't get too much worse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep! I hit 8 weeks friday and it seemed like it def started when Ive been feeling fine so far! Hopefully it doesn't last long for you!
  • Very normal especially now at 6 weeks. Crackers, ginger, and if it continues to the point you cant move or eat like mine zofran. It was a god sned. Hope it goes away quickly.

My mom 10/8/1959-10/31/2011 image Dylan image
  • Thanks so much ladies.  I've been doning plain waffles and saltines  Uhgh  I was hoping I would skip this part :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm starting to keep crackers next to the bed.  It is SO hard to eat them when you feel miserable, but it's the only thing keeping me from actually throwing up by the time I get out of bed and walk out of my bedroom.

I'm sorry you're sick.

• Me too.  It hit me at exactly 6w.  I can't even get up to pee in the middle of the night without feeling horribly nauseous.  I keep Benedryl beside my bed and take it once during the night, and once in the morning before I get up.  Crackers turn to cement in my mouth, so I've been having to do raw almonds.  I get a piece of bread as soon as I get up, and I head straight for the couch.  I lost 2lbs in a week and a half, and have finally gained back .2lbs in the last few days since I've been able to eat more.  This is definitely no fun, glad I had 4 pgs without it.
  • Yep!  Although the lucky ones don't get it that bad that early lol  I am on baby #3 (our last) and mine started this past wk, just 7 wks along!  I was not this sick with my first two this early :(  I was just fine abt 4 days ago, and these last two days have been really awful!  The last two pregnancies, I found that sitting straight up and getting out of bed like normal made it worse.  If you sort of roll over onto your side, and kind of get out of bed sideways, it helps a bit (if that makes sense, just don't stand straight up or quickly!)  Saltines did nothing for me either; this time it's applesauce, last time it was plain animal crackers.  Just try different plain things beside your bed until you figure out what works for you!  Also, getting hungry or a completely empty stomach makes it worse as others have said, so eat a little bit at the first sign, or after a few hrs even if you're not hungry yet so that you don't get to that point! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Melanie Paige was born 7/7/10 @ 8:48 AM- 7 lbs 4 oz, 19 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lana Michelle was born 1/9/07 @ 9:40 AM- 6 lbs 14.5 oz, 19.5 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"