Illinois Babies

Chicago ladies, TTC and don't qualify for FMLA....info on short term disability

Hi ladies,

I was hoping to learn if any of you work for a smaller company that doesn't offer paid maternity leave and what you did to cover the cost?  I heard about short term disability but don't know what site or form to fill out to check out my options.

We are TTC, not pregnant yet, but I feel like I need to jump on this ahead of time (soon hopefully) to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

Any tips/suggestions/help!?!? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Chicago ladies, TTC and don't qualify for FMLA....info on short term disability

• I have heard Aflac covers but you have to be with them for at least a year before coverage begins.  

Talk to your HR dept about short term disability 

• Check with your auto insurance company. I am getting mine thru allstate. I think its like $33 a month and covers 60% of my salary or something along those lines. You MUST do it, get it approved and start paying for it prior to the first day of your third trimester or your coverage will be denied. Best to start looking into it now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • you should be able to get short term through your employer and that should also cover maternity leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"