Trouble TTC

Which opk's do you use?

Did your dr. recommend a certain brand? 

It's been four years since I bought any so I don't recall which brand, but it didn't matter since I never got a positive as I wasn't ovulating.  Now I'm trying the letrozole and the RE's office suggested I try the opk's and if I don't get a positive by a certain day then they'll do b/w.   

I've heard clear blue easy recommended. Any preference or does Target have an up & up option that works ok? 

Also - I have an etiquette question.  I see people warn about tickers/bfp's on here.  Is it wrong to have the ticker for the kids' birthday on when I post in here?  I don't want to be insensitive or anything.  I spent time on this board when I was ttc the first time.  I guess I personally wouldn't be offended by it - if anything it was promising for me to see that other women with issues had success - but if it's rude then I'll be more mindful of it.  thanks.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

Re: Which opk's do you use?

• My dr recommended the clear blue easy digital ones.  I've used the Wondfos in the past and gotten a positive every month I tried.  But, since the timing is more important this month with our IUI, I ordered a 20 pack of the CBE ones from Amazon.
    TTC #1 7/10, Me (31)- Dx DOR (AMH 0.6); DH (30)- normal
    BFP on Cycle #8. Natural M/C at ~8 weeks
    IUI #1 and #2 (8/12, 9/12)- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFNs
    IVF #1 (EPP) 13R/10M/9F, 5DT 1-4AA blast, beta #1-148, beta #2-322, 5 frosties! 
     image  image  
  • If you're okay PIAC, wondfos from amazon are great. I also have used Target Up and Up and CBE digital because I love the smiley. I know some people also use a combination of wondfos plus CBE digi to confirm. 
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I always used Wondfos cause they're cheap and work well. I do hope that you are having ultrasound monitoring though.

I personally don't find your ticker offensive and with no kid pics in your sig, I don't see a warning being necessary. 

Photobucket
  • I still love the CBE digitals, with the smiley face.  But lately I've been using Wondfo, and just confirming with the digis, because they're way more expensive.
    TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • I use wondfos.  They have been good to me.  If I didn't use one this past month, my IUI would have been a bust.  They totally saved my ass.

• Thank you ladies!

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• I used the wondfos and am echoing Maggie make sure you're being monitored with us not just bloodwork 
  • I use the Wondfos from Amazon after lurking and seeing recs here. Been using for 6 months and they have been good so far. Good luck in finding one that is best for you.

I do not find the ticker w/o a warning offensive. I think it is really thoughtful of you to ask.

TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
  • imageRequiresExalted:
    I still love the CBE digitals, with the smiley face.  But lately I've been using Wondfo, and just confirming with the digis, because they're way more expensive.
    This exactly! My RE recommends CB digis.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"