1st Trimester

New...or retro ;)

Hey 1st T Board,

Back on this board for the first time since 2010, expecting #2!  Still very early (5 weeks, just got our BFP on Saturday) and haven't told anyone but my dad (the proud grandpop).  Our DD is 21 months and we're hoping that she'll be exciting to be a big sis (babies DO fascinate her) and that this new LO is going to be healthy.  Figured I'd come back aboard, second time around, especially since I'm not sharing this news with my "real life" friends/extended family just yet.  Gotta share the baby-excitement somewhere!  (It's better than trying to figure out how to Jenga/Tetris a bed into DD's room so there is room for a crib AND her bed.  Then getting her to sleep in a bed!) 

So, hi everyone!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New...or retro ;)

• Congrats! Same here for me.  Haven't been here since 2009 I guess.  My DS is 30 months and I am very newly pregnant, too.  Amazing how early we can know we are pregnant, not sure if that is a good or bad thing :)  I also hope to transition my DS to toddler bed before baby comes along.  My biggest concern is how hard it will be to lift him out of it as the belly progresses!  It's a double-edged sword though because he has not attempted to climb out yet and I REALLY don't want to add any sleep issues with transition to a toddler bed---ahhh!

Take care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelaw8296:

Congrats! Same here for me.  Haven't been here since 2009 I guess.  My DS is 30 months and I am very newly pregnant, too.  Amazing how early we can know we are pregnant, not sure if that is a good or bad thing :)  I also hope to transition my DS to toddler bed before baby comes along.  My biggest concern is how hard it will be to lift him out of it as the belly progresses!  It's a double-edged sword though because he has not attempted to climb out yet and I REALLY don't want to add any sleep issues with transition to a toddler bed---ahhh!

Take care.

Same here!  DD#1 is Oct 2010 and we just found out yesterday that we are expecting #2......not really planned, but excited.  So that raises the same question.....what do we do about the toddler bed? She is a great sleeper in her crib and I don't want to mess that up....especially not during the first trimester!  I guess when baby is born they will stay in the bassinet for a while before we use the crib so maybe by that point, Cadence will be ready for a big girl bed.  This is just all so new so we're not sure what to do with any of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, there are a few things that I would *love* if they were done before this LO makes his or her appearance, but I'm trying not to stress about any of it yet.  DD is usually a good (night time) sleeper, but DH worries if we put her in a regular bed, she'll fall out (which is why you can get a bumper) but even more so, just get out and come on out when she isn't really buying the whole "it's your bedtime" thing.  But I don't want her to associate losing her crib with the new LO.  I want her progress/transitions to be her own, y'know, without feeling forced. 

Also pottytraining. LOL.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"