Attachment Parenting

Amber teething necklace ?

For those of you who've tried an amber teething necklace on your LO, did it make any difference in their sleep? DD's been teething all four of her canines for the past month (top two are finally poking through! but the bottom two are still just below the surface), and they seem to bother her most when she's trying to sleep. I hate giving her a dose of Advil every night, so I'm wondering if an amber necklace might be a better way to help relieve the discomfort instead?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amber teething necklace ?

• We just bought our first amber teething necklace (DD is cutting her canines too) but haven't received it yet.  I don't think it's recommended to let them sleep in the necklace.  Everything I read said that they should only be used under adult supervision to make sure the child doesn't chew on them or choke themselves.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• true, they should not wear them at night, but i double mine up and wrap it around baby's ankle in the sleeper; that way it is still on his skin and still giving him the benefits of the amber

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

• Loading the player...
  • imagevanceke08:
    true, they should not wear them at night, but i double mine up and wrap it around baby's ankle in the sleeper; that way it is still on his skin and still giving him the benefits of the amber

This.

Also, I  love our amber necklaces :)
    And I do believe they work ! However, if there are those days where DS is just constantly screaming in teething pain, then I don't think the amber is enough.
    I find they are awesome for mild pain though :)
  • Thanks for the responses! I thought I'd seen a lot of posts on this board about people whose LOs wear their amber all the time - either around their neck underneath their clothes, or around the ankle. I must just have been thinking of the people at our local CD store I guess. Anyway, sounds like the amber might not be enough to help her teething pain at this point so I'll just stick with the infant Advil.
  • fraseyfrasey member
    we have a necklace as well, and I think it works. We also wrap it around DD's ankle under her sleeper at night.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"