Toddlers: 24 Months+

Boys 2nd birthday party theme

what theme did you do for your sons 2nd b day party?

right now im planning an Alphabet party but im not sold on it.....looking for some new ideas! 

Re: Boys 2nd birthday party theme

• Gymboree party with a bit of a clown theme to go with Gymbo the clown. All we really did though was put clown noses out for the kids to wear and had Gymbo come to the party for 30 minutes.
    image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kie310Kie310 member
    He loved (and still loves) Elmo, so we went with Elmo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It wasn't super-themed, but I sort of did a Mo Willems theme because DS really likes his books. The main character, the pigeon, loves hot dogs, so we did a hot dog party (different types of hot dogs/sausages, lots of toppings, etc.). 

I made some cookies you can see here:https://ellysaysopa.com/2012/04/15/mo-willems-sugar-cookies-for-zacharys-2nd-birthday/ 

• For DS's first birthday we're doing owls.  It'll be a BBQ and the kids will get to make "dirt" for their dessert.  For favors we're putting gummi worms in a clear bag and stapling an owl topper on the top so it looks like it's an owl with worms in its stomach.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS loved trains... so we did a vintage train car theme
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • We did a Sock Monkey theme. For his 3rd we are doing Super Heros.
    Mama of 1: who did not grow below my heart, but certainly a big place in it!!

TTC our #1 since '10

DX: Ovulate but not great follicles

DH SA:Normal-Low Count

Aug 2012:Clomid 50MG= BFFN ([1]Fol-17mm/Prog.-17.3)

Sep 2012: Clomid 150MG CD5-9 & TI= ??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1st - sock monkey

2nd - Sesame Street.   He loved it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did a "transportation" theme. Everything was based around this invitation:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100913655/little-cars-and-trucks-birthday?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=transportation+birthday+invitation&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

(sorry, no clicky)

We had ordered some traffic signs, cones, traffic light and did red, yellow and green balloons and streamers. The favors were sugar cookies, cut into rectangles, with one of each color of a traffic light to make a traffic light cookie.

For his first birthday, we did an Under The Sea theme, and I definitely loved the transportation theme more. Cars and trucks is something that he's really into right now, and it's nice to choose something that he actually enjoys. I would recommend doing the same to get the most out of your part planning. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedande2129:

We did a "transportation" theme. Everything was based around this invitation:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100913655/little-cars-and-trucks-birthday?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=transportation+birthday+invitation&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

(sorry, no clicky)

We had ordered some traffic signs, cones, traffic light and did red, yellow and green balloons and streamers. The favors were sugar cookies, cut into rectangles, with one of each color of a traffic light to make a traffic light cookie.

For his first birthday, we did an Under The Sea theme, and I definitely loved the transportation theme more. Cars and trucks is something that he's really into right now, and it's nice to choose something that he actually enjoys. I would recommend doing the same to get the most out of your part planning. 

We are also doing a transportation theme.  We will clear some space in our living room and bring the train table down, take out all the cars, trains, trucks etc for the kids to play with and we got Kieran a new city road rug that he and the kids can play on if they like.  Otherwise it'll just be good decoration during the party.

For the table I plan on just using a black table cloth and putting yellow duct tape down the middle to look like a road.  May do a dirty dessert with worms in the back of a dump truck for a centerpiece on the table, and cupcakes with toothpick holders with trucks, cars and airplane designs.

For favors I'm thinking "planes, trains and automobiles" ie. foam plane, train whistle and a match box car wrapped in a poly bag.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We combined my son's two favorite things in the world Mickey Mouse and Basketball.  The invitations and a lot of the party decor was a basketball with Mickey ears and then for the rest of the party we kind of split up the decorations between mickey and basketball.  We mostly decorated with balloons in red, black, blue, white, and orange.  I have to say it was super cute!
  • We did a Disney Cars party because my son is in love with both of the movies- it went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son is obsessed with animals and cows seem to be his favorite so we did a cow themed birthday party. I had a 2 made out of cow print material and ironed it on a gray shirt, had cow party favors made, we also ordered a red velvet cake decorated like a cow (my husbands idea) so when you cut into it looked like beef.

• imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"