Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

XP: PNP escape artist... Ideas needed!

One of my daycare kids is almost two and very much still needs a nap. He gets whinny and irritable if he doesn't get one or is off schedule. Yesterday, he started climbing out of the PNP he has been napping in since February. I found him wide awake and playing outside of it when I went to check on him. The kid is very stubborn, so laying him on a mat or even my couch  won't work because he wants to move around. I would literally have to hold him down.  Apparently, he started doing it at home too. They bought him a big boy bed but he won't stay in it.Should I just consider him done with naps? Should I put him in the PNP and let him sleep or climb out and play (I am afraid that he will hurt himself if he continues climbing out. I am giving them my two weeks notice on Monday but I want to help him transition. WWYD?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: XP: PNP escape artist... Ideas needed!

• Options
    If he's getting out of the PNP, it needs to go away. It's a safety hazard. At two years old, he should be out of a PNP anyways. If you've only got two weeks left, I'd just ride it out. Give him a bunch of books and a comfy spot to lounge, see if he'll just have some "quiet time."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepanicked228:
    If he's getting out of the PNP, it needs to go away. It's a safety hazard. At two years old, he should be out of a PNP anyways. If you've only got two weeks left, I'd just ride it out. Give him a bunch of books and a comfy spot to lounge, see if he'll just have some "quiet time."

Yeah, I figured as much.  I was just following their lead since I'm just the DCP.  He is so exhausted.  :( I guess we will try a mat tomorrow.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"